A Big Wheel RV Park-St Marys GA

A Big Wheel RV Park-St Marys GA

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:15 pm

I stayed at this cg for a month. It's a small cg, nice paved roads and most of the sites are concrete and the plan is to do 7 more sites by next year. All sites are pull through. Nice laundry room and rec bldg. No Pool but has a nice catch & release pond. It's across the street from Crooked River State Park. It is a Passport America park but since I was a monthly person the price was $325 mo + electric. Guess that's where my cost came in was the additional $164 for electric. Remember I was there during the coldest month of January 11-Feb 11. So that was a shocker for me especially since I wasn't that warm. :lol: Most of the people in the winter are repeaters and they all know ea other. There were several solo ladies which made it nice to do things with them. This county offers free water aerobics in a heated pool whether you are a resident of the co or not. (nice perk) The owner, Karen, is nice and friendly. I would return to this cg. Plenty of space between sites.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Re: A Big Wheel RV Park-St Marys GA

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:48 am

Nice park. I stayed two days visiting Carolyn this January. The burg of St. Mary's is pretty and looked interesting, but I really only visited long enough to get rained on and then escape to the swamp with Carolyn :lol: One trick I found out AFTER having been talked in by phone....must put "A" in front of Big Wheel RV Park as in "A Big Wheel RV Park" in order for the GPS to identify the park and give directions. I liked the idea of being next to the state park. The folks I met through Carolyn said that the trails were very nice. And Carolyn is spot on regarding the others I met in the park. It definitely felt like a community of kindred souls!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations