Yellowstone National Park/Grand Teton's

Yellowstone National Park/Grand Teton's

Postby jemek » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Okay ..so anyone ever stayed in this area.
keep in mind we have a 31 ft TT (so many times state/national parks are out...currently we have not set up an inverter for DH cpap..so we have to have electric hookups.

We have two thoughts here..we would be coming into Northside of Yellowstone (Montana)..

One is to get more central location...so we can do Yellowstone and Grand Tetons without breaking camp.

Or do Yellowstone and then head out and camp somewhere closer to South side of the Grand Tetons and then do the Tetons thing.
Kris aka Kristy
Wife to Norm
Mom to 3 boys and 2 girls
Many critters
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail
DH has 2004 Dodge Durango
Not that I am great at keeping this updated...but I try..
http://smithseven.blogspot.com/
jemek

Re: Yellowstone National Park/Grand Teton's

Postby JanetA » Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 pm

Did you ever get a reply on this topic? I've been to Yellowstone/Teton NP many times. Don't wanna repeat what anyone else has told ya... if you still need insight,, just repost,,

Janet
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby glacier1950 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:47 pm

If you are entering Yellowstone through the N Entrance at Gardiner, Mt there are several RV parks there that can meet your needs. Elk will roam freely through most RV parks, sometime Big Horn sheep which hang out at the airstrip in Gardiner. It is about a 1/2 mile drive to the N Entrance of the park from town. Only the RV park at Fishing Bridge might have electricity and that has been down last year and I don't know a date for it being turned back on. Gardiner is a great base area to explore the Northern Range and LaMar Valley. Several wolf packs in the area and you hear them often and can also see them so bring the binoculars!!!!!. Then you should look at pulling your trailer through the park and out to West Yellowstone, again with lots of RV parks. From here you can explore the Madison, Norris, Canyon, West Thumb, Lake and Old Faithful area. Then pull the trailer through the Park down to Grand Tetons. In Grand Tetons you can easily accommodate your TT and have electricity at Colter Bay.

These two parks are some of my favorites and we travel there often. If you have anymore questions let me know and I will see what I can do to assist.
glacier1950

Postby cindycurtis » Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Janet,
I would love some info about good campgrounds near Yellowstone...and I will need hookups. Is the Fishing something (Bridge?) the only one that has them? Any recommendations on where to camp with three very active college boys? They are all meeting me for the first leg of my trip!
Thanks!
Cindy
cindycurtis

Postby CatLady » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:43 am

Valley View RV Park & Laundry, 5152 N. Hwy 20., Island Park, ID, is located 14 miles from the gates of YNP. This is a Passport America park that also has seasonal and monthly rates. I'm paying $375/mo which includes 30 amp electric with f/h/u. All sites have 50 amp service. 50 amp sites are $25/mo more. I'm paying an extra $10/mo for wifi. A large laundry is in the office area for those not equipped with a w/d onboard. Prices are very reasonable. The camp hosts are friendly and helpful; the lots, spacious; and, you are encouraged to wash your car/rig.

It takes about 20 minutes to get to YNP but I save a lot by not paying $60/night for cgs closer to the park...besides, I enjoy the drive. Quake Lake and West Yellowstone Airport are not far thru the woods and the scenery is beautiful. Lots of campers here go fishing, canoeing, or whatever it is folks do on the water, lol. Henry's Lake (?), a state cg, is located across the road from this park. The Grand Tetons can be seen in the distance and makes for a nice day trip.

I've been here since July 1 and will leave around September 6. If I'm ever in this area again, I will definitely stay here.

CatLady
CatLady

Postby snowball » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 am

If I was you would opt for a central location to go into Yellowstone then a central location to do the Grand Tetons yes you could stay in Island Park and drive to the Grand Teton's but a long drive to and from...I was born and raised in Jackson area and right now staying at my dd's place on the west side of the Tetons' I know of a couple of rv parks in and near Jackson there is a park campground name of Gros Ventre that is huge but for the life of me can't remember if it has electricity. A call or look on the Chamber of Commerce for Jackson would help a great deal oh yes forgot how could I would be the right place Signal Mountain would bet they have electricity. give them a call! or check out on the internet sooner than later Signal Mountain is located in the northern part of GTNP and south of Yellowstone
good luck like I said not that far that I couldn't come for a mini gtg have friends at Signal MT as well
CatLady when we camphosted we were at Upper Coffeepot near Macks Inn and that is where I would go to do laundry
sheila
snowball

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations