Looking for good regional atlas

Looking for good regional atlas

Postby MojitoMama » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 pm

I'm looking for a campground atlas like one my parents used to have and am not having any luck. Basically, it showed a map of a region, with numbered dots for all the campgrounds, then on the opposite page it had a chart with campgrounds listed down the side, amenities listed across the top and dots showing which campgrounds had which amenities.

I am a newbie needing to find campgrounds near art shows that I will be working. I have the Trailer Life book, but what I'm finding is that I have to Google map the art show, then go through the listings in the book and Google map each one to try to find the closest campground. There must be a better way. Good Sam shows maps with locations and so does KOA, but is there one book that shows them all on a map?

thanks!!
MojitoMama

Re: Looking for good regional atlas

Postby VickieP » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:31 pm

When we went to the TN GTG I used Streets & Trips on my laptop. Pick the town you want and look for nearby places. I chose campgrounds and it would show all of them within the radias of the town, then I would look them up on the net to get more info on them. Worked for us, hope that helps you. I never liked the Trailer Life Directory, found it too confusing.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby JanetA » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Try Woodall's.....
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby MojitoMama » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks - so far I'm not a fan of Trailer Life either, and I'm finding out that every website I checkout that has a map shows some of the campgrounds, but I haven't found one that shows all of them. This is getting to be a lot of work, trying to find campgrounds in specific locations.
Robin
MojitoMama

Postby Paulette » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:11 am

When you find it, post it here...I'd be interested too!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am

VickieP wrote:When we went to the TN GTG I used Streets & Trips on my laptop. Pick the town you want and look for nearby places. I chose campgrounds and it would show all of them within the radias of the town, then I would look them up on the net to get more info on them. Worked for us, hope that helps you. I never liked the Trailer Life Directory, found it too confusing.

I wholeheartedly agree with Vickie (did I say that? I can't believe she said something I agree with??? Well, something intelligent, anyway...) on Streets & Trips. It's ALMOST perfect for what you want. Let's say your show is in El Paso. Right click on El Paso, define the maximum radius (say within a 10 mile radius of El Paso), voila - up pops anything you've asked the program to look for (including campgrounds). You can search most any type of restaurant, gas stations, many categories to choose from. I use S&T in conjunction with Trailer Life DVD and my Garmin GPS.

Good luck.
mitch5252

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations