Finding CG's close to home

Finding CG's close to home

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:39 am

What website do you use to look up CG's? I'm looking for something close to home, b/c of gas prices. My B'day is Aug 9th & I want to go camping. I'm in the upstate of SC. I love the beach but forget it this time of year, & the closest one is about 200 miles away. Do you all have favorite websites to look for CG's?
NakedPupsAndMe

Re: Finding CG's close to home

Postby Marslet » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:01 am

Hi,
If yu like state parks, you could put in state parks for South Carolina. I think I found around 29 of them. Don't know where you are so hard to help with that. I use Woodall, and my campground book to find places to go. Hope this helps.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:06 am

A lot of the Mapping software will show where campgrounds are located too. When I use Google Earth, it will show me campgrounds in the area I'm looking for. Or you canjust google campgrounds, (your state) and it will give you a lot of listings. Good luck.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 am

I keep losing what I'm typing, darn it - but I use the search engines to find what I want in particular states - even though I have some camping directories. For South Carolina, I just did a search and these are a couple I'd check out first:

For state campgrounds:
http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/lo ... ounds.aspx

And for all kinds of campgrounds:
http://www.sciway.net/tourism/campgrounds.html

And a place I use for all states is http://www.rvpark.com among others.

And because I'm a member of Passport America, I always check out the parks they have in the areas I'll be traveling. That's one club that I always more than make back my membership dues with.

Hopefully we'll keep doing reviews here and we'll get that area of this website going - where we have them based on what we women think of where we stay.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Shirlv » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:07 am

Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations