Lone Star Carefree RV park, Austin, TX

Lone Star Carefree RV park, Austin, TX

Postby Birdie » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:50 pm

City and State: Austin, TX

Name of CG: Lone Star RV Resort

CG Website: http://www.austinlonestar.com

Overall Rating: (on a scale of 1 – 10): 9

Pros: This is big rig friendly, and little rig friendly, full hookups and cable at the sites, nice bathroom facilities, nice sized pull thru and some back in sites, trees, trees, trees, interior roads are rough, level sites and some are concrete and some are gravel, they have laundry but I didn't go there, they have breakfast on Fri, Sat, Sun, and currently (9/2009), they have all you can eat :o $1.00 pancakes :roll: .

Cons: Just off I-35 makes for traffic noise. Interior roads are rough and narrow.

Comments: This RV park is on the very far south edge of Austin, at least it is 9/2009 - who knows about next month :!: Great staff will do anything to help you. If you are driving through Austin and need propane this will be the cheapest you can find it anywhere within a hundred miles. Stop and get propane even if you are just driving through.

To get there: (Exit 227 south bound turn around and go on the frontage road 1.3 miles north and it is on the right. North bound take exit 228 and look for it on your right.)

Rate: $40.00 They are members of Passport America and that rate is $20.00
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations