Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach

Postby elkriverrats » Sun May 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello ladies!
Am headed to First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach and curious to see if anyone knows of some interesting things to do. Haven't been there for 5 years or so and we didn't do much sightseeing (except a trip to the beach one day). We hung out at FLSP for the most part but the weather looks a little dicey this time around so I am looking for a backup plan.
Thanks in advance!
Kelly
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Re: Virginia Beach

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun May 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Kelly~
Obviously there are always visitor information centers or info at the CG office sometimes, but I also look at Trip Advisor for preplanning. Looks like Virginia Beach has a lot of things for both good & bad weather activities.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby elkriverrats » Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Thanks Cheryl. I do plan on checking out Trip Advisor, use it often. Looks like the rainy forecast might cancel my plans anyway...will keep an eye on the weather for a few days.
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby JudyJB » Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm

There is an aquarium there: https://www.virginiaaquarium.com/Pages/default.aspx

ALso, you are not that far from Kitty Hawk.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby elkriverrats » Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Well...looking at the weather forecast (and contemplating the 5.5 hour drive) I cancelled my res for this park and booked at Cape Henlopen in DE instead. Still looking at rain but only a two hour drive. Just looked at tomorrow's forecast and now the winds are up to 20-30 mph. I hope to arrive before that kicks up!
I'm taking my mom as a belated Mother's Day celebration and am really looking forward to getting away with her. I'm prepping some easy appetizers and packing up between raindrops! I've even got Mimosa supplies to surprise her....and matching camper pajamas :)
Judy, it never occurred to me to look at Kitty Hawk. Haven't been there in years but I did love it! We tried to go to the aquarium last trip but they closed before we could get there. On my list for whenever I do get back. Thanks!
Last edited by elkriverrats on Fri May 18, 2018 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Bethers » Fri May 18, 2018 12:02 am

Have a great time with your Mom!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri May 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Great Mothers Day gift! I love mimosas and always drink them with my daughter in law!!! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations