Escapees Park of the Sierra

Escapees Park of the Sierra

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:25 am

City and State: Coarsegold, California

Name of CG: Park of the Sierras. This is an Escapees Membership Park, although non-members can stay here

CG Website: http://parksierra.net

Overall Rating: (on a scale of 1 – 10) For me it's a 10

Pros: Big rig friendly, full hookups, spacious landscaped sites, beautiful trees...but they don't interfere with parking or slides, interior roads paved, level sites.

Cons: Haven't found any cons.

Comments:
This campground (Escapees Park of the Sierras) is one of the nicest I have stayed in with full services. It has spacious, landscaped sites, full-hook-ups including Cable TV, and good internet wifi at the site. The property has numerous "green" space with hiking trails. The clubhouse has a large lending library for books, audio-books, and dvds, and many activities available. They also have exercise equipment, craft room, etc. The laundry room is huge and clean, washer is $1, and dryer is 50 cents. The park is located outside the south entrance to Yosemite, and I am finding lots of beautiful and/or historical places to explore in the area. My stay is costing me about $18 a night, after a discount for 1st-time visitors. Otherwise $21. You can stay as a guest up to 3 months.

Rate: $21 a night for Escapees members.
Daily $21 - includes full hookups, Cable TV & Free Wi-Fi.
Monthly rate is $480, plus electricity - includes full hookups, Cable TV & Free Wi-Fi.
Dry Camping - First night free, $5.00 per day, seven-day limit.
Last edited by Liz on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Escapees Park of the Sierra

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:18 am

Would this be a getting off the road permanent tape place...?? Sounds like a great place?... I followed the blog of several people and two of these one husband and wife and one single woman separate from each other but just happened to end up in the same area have chosen this for their permanent base I'm not sure if the solo woman is going to travel anymore or not I ...she used to travel and volunteer at Federal preserves... the other is a couple that just started full time in a couple years ago but wanted to find a home base the place is ..Jojoba Skp RV Park in Aquanga CA... it sounds like a really nice place but on the wrong side of the country for me just thought I would pass this along
grammynmaggie

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am

grammynmaggie wrote:Would this be a getting off the road permanent tape place...?? Sounds like a great place?... I followed the blog of several people and two of these one husband and wife and one single woman separate from each other but just happened to end up in the same area have chosen this for their permanent base I'm not sure if the solo woman is going to travel anymore or not I ...she used to travel and volunteer at Federal preserves... the other is a couple that just started full time in a couple years ago but wanted to find a home base the place is ..Jojoba Skp RV Park in Aquanga CA... it sounds like a really nice place but on the wrong side of the country for me just thought I would pass this along

Yes, this is one of those parks where you can buy into and live permanently. Many older RVers that no longer travel have done that here. Everybody becomes a volunteer and helps out in whatever capacity they can, and that keeps the costs down. However, if you are a member of Escapees you can stay here overnight or up to 3 months at a discounted rate. Dry camping here is only $5 a night and you have access to all amenities except hook-ups.
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Azusateach » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:48 pm

It truly is a lovely park.

I met up there with Sharon Souter several summers ago, as she was heading north and I was going south. I was pulling a trailer at the time, and the site they'd given me was really tricky to get into. But one of the guys who was in charge of getting people to their site gave me excellent coaching, and I was able to make it in.

It gets blazing hot there in the summer and the park is quite empty. They charge for electricity, but it's reasonable. Drive time from the RV park to Yosemite Valley is about an hour, with the nice little town of Oakhurst in between.

I'd love to see it in the winter. Don't imagine they get tons of snow, but I bet it'd be pretty.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Liz, one of the ORS members lives there now. You should look him up.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Did you have to make a reservation?
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Azusateach » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 pm

monik7 wrote:Did you have to make a reservation?
Sandi

Sandi, depending on the time of the year you probably should. I didn't during the summer, because it's actually their slow season -- too hot! I called ahead the day I wanted to stay there and was able to get in and even get a site close to Sharon, who'd been there a few days.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Azusateach wrote:It truly is a lovely park.

I met up there with Sharon Souter several summers ago, as she was heading north and I was going south. I was pulling a trailer at the time, and the site they'd given me was really tricky to get into. But one of the guys who was in charge of getting people to their site gave me excellent coaching, and I was able to make it in.

It gets blazing hot there in the summer and the park is quite empty. They charge for electricity, but it's reasonable. Drive time from the RV park to Yosemite Valley is about an hour, with the nice little town of Oakhurst in between.

I'd love to see it in the winter. Don't imagine they get tons of snow, but I bet it'd be pretty.

Laura

They no longer charge for electricity unless you are a park member and have a year-round site. Elec. is included in the $21/night. I was told they rarely have any snow and winter low temps are in the 40s.
Liz
Liz

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:37 pm

Bethers wrote:Liz, one of the ORS members lives there now. You should look him up.

There is a bulletin board with names/photos and site numbers. I will check it out and see if I can find him. I saw the name on FB.
Liz
Liz

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:40 pm

monik7 wrote:Did you have to make a reservation?
Sandi

What Laura said. I made a reservation, but they do have dry camping sites if they are full and you arrive without one. Also, they don't take reservations in the month of April due to special events going on, which is why I came March 31. It was a way to make sure I had a site when I wanted it, and it turned out good since I need to have dental work done while I'm here. Also there is plenty to do in the area. Thistle and I are staying busy.
Liz
Liz

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations