Magnolia Beach Parking Campground, Port Lavaca, TX

Magnolia Beach Parking Campground, Port Lavaca, TX

Postby Birdie » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:42 am

City and State: Port Lavaca, TX
Date: Jan 15, 2015

Name of CG: Magnolia Beach Parking Campground

CG Website: None
Can find through AllStays

Overall Rating (a scale of 1 – 10): 10 - It's free!

Pros: It's free and right on the bay. Always a breeze.

Cons: This can be noisy and smelly. Fishermen are not careful about the fish remains. The trash cans are often over flowing. Have to go to a private campground to get fresh water and dump but one close cg is a Passport America..

Comments: Must wash your rig after staying here or you will end up with rust on your metal parts of the rig. Never leave your rig with the awning out or anything you don't want blown away....or stolen. Many Canadians come here for the entire winter. Some folks are plain rude and noone around to referee.

GPS 28.55682/-96.52525 check

Rate: $ free
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: Magnolia Beach Parking Campground, Port Lavaca, TX

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:23 am

Birdie, remember our first Magnolia Beach gtg. You and Karen had never bondocked. You had your little trailer. The two of you took hookup sites at the near park and those of us boondocking did so as close to there as we could be. I like that beach. Then the next year, it was COLD and my battery was dying so I couldn't run my heater. That's when I decided I had to get solar. Ah, his much we've learned!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Olive6001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:09 am

Smelly, fish guts, stolen stuff vs free breeze. I dunno. I'd have to experience it. Free is not always the best deal.
I'll pay to stay out of a crowd. I don't think this is for me this time of year.
Thanks, anyway, Birdie. I really appreciate the gesture. This could be exactly what someone else needs right now.
I'll check it out when the snowbirds aren't so thick.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 am

Olive6001 wrote:Smelly, fish guts, stolen stuff vs free breeze. I dunno. I'd have to experience it. Free is not always the best deal.
I'll pay to stay out of a crowd. I don't think this is for me this time of year.
Thanks, anyway, Birdie. I really appreciate the gesture. This could be exactly what someone else needs right now.
I'll check it out when the snowbirds aren't so thick.

Nikki

I never was amid smelly fish guts or any stolen stuff there.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:31 am

We had a couple of fun GTGs here but there really is no "beach". Its all broken shells and rocks and is only about 10' wide. Better when warmer but was fun.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations