Tetons National Park - Gros Ventre cg, Jackson, WY

Tetons National Park - Gros Ventre cg, Jackson, WY

Postby Birdie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:02 pm

City and State: Jackson, WY
Date: 7/2014

Name of CG: Gros Ventre (pronounced Gro Vont)

CG Website:

Overall Rating: (on a scale of 1 – 10): 9

Pros: A National Park Campground with first come first serve policy. National Park Campgrounds rarely if ever have any electric/water/sewer hookups. This campground has two dump stations and fresh water across from the office at the front of the campground. For a solar rigged unit this is great. Many of the trees are dead or dying so you will have ample sun...maybe too much some times.

This campground has several loops. I stayed in Loop D which primarily had motorhomes, 5er's, or travel trailers. Tent sites were across the campground in Loop A.

Cons: It is located out away from virtually everything. If you don't want to drive to get places, find another campground. I liked it being out as it was very quiet. Buffalo made people stupid stopping along side the road and walking up to pet the little beast!

Comments: It is located about 5 miles from the main highway into and out of Grand Teton. It is very close to Kelly and the southeast part of the park.

Rate: Maximum stay of 14 days. Rates are based on full paying price, discounts are 1/2 for Golden Age, etc.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations