Hidden Valley RV Park, Deadwood, SD

Hidden Valley RV Park, Deadwood, SD

Postby Birdie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:58 pm

City and State: Deadwood, SD
Date: 8/2014

Name of CG: Hidden Valley RV Park

CG Website:

Overall Rating: 8

Pros: Passport America. Really nice layout for a park in a 'holler', 'gorge' or whatever you want to call it. Grass was well maintained, road was well maintained, shower and bathrooms were very clean and this during one of the busiest weekends in the area. They have several pull-throughs, and tents are at the far end of the campground.

Cons: A few of the sites, mine included, are not level. Site 21 was very up in the back. I needed to step up 3 blocks to get slightly but not fully level. Was still down in front and on the right. Only saw one other site this unlevel.

Comments: This is an absolute jewel of a campground among a million in a row. Okay not a million but within one mile there are about 8 campgrounds. REALLY! If my site had been more level, this campground would have gotten an unheard of 10. I would stay here again and again. The office had many suggestions for siteseeing in the area. Had I not already paid for my campground down by Mt. Rushmore I would have stayed here and done all of my site seeing as day trips!

Twice, actually thrice a year the big doings in the area have every scrap of space available booked. Early July 76er days are big celebrating the gold mine times. Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in early August is huge all around here. Another biggie is the Old Car days the last of August.

Rate: $ 15.83 Passport America price. This price IS NOT available during the tourist time.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations