Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park, MT

Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park, MT

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:56 pm

I thought this campground might interest some of you. I has almost no amenities other than the view, but I think that is worth a lot. Only a few campsites have electric, but they are well-spread out and there is a dump station and water available. There is a very interesting cave 3.5 miles up the hill, and tours available. (Warning that you need to walk a half mile uphill just to get to the entrance and there are 600 stairs inside. It is a total of a two-mile tour, and I hit my head a lot, but I still think it is worthwhile.) I would certainly stay in the campground even if I was not interested in the caves. Almost no cell service, but I was able to get data on my hotspot.

In the first photo, the arrow shows the location of the campground from the main road on the way in.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park, MT

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks for the pictures Judy....beautiful area. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park, MT

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 am

Beautiful area is right!
There's just something about "out west", can almost make your heart hurt...(gosh, I hope I'm not having a heart attack.)

I am envious of your trip.

mitch5252

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations