Stone Mtn GA

Stone Mtn GA

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Just checking to see if anyone has been to this cg? DS, DGD, and I will be going the week after Christmas & will be there for New Years. Just wanted to see if there is anything I need to not miss? I'm excited because we will see their Christmas show and will be there for the opening of Snow Mountain which they will make snow on the 30th and there is a track you slide down in inner tubes. Doesn't that sound like a good way to bring in the New Year?

As usual, any info will be helpful. Thanks.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Re: Stone Mtn GA

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm

I've heard of it, but never been there. Hope someone else can give you info, but if not, or even if, will look forward to your pics and tales after you go.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:03 pm

I've been to Stone Mtn, but not their cg. We went in the summer and hiked the trail to the top....many years ago. The snow slide sounds like fun! Do post a review after you've been.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Well, I just spent 6 nights at Stone Mountain Ga CG. First, my ds and dgd and I spent 12/26-1/2 at the cg and the park. It was sooooo much fun. On 12/31 they opened Snow Mtn which was a lot of snow and you could slide down in inner tubes and build snow men/women and throw snow balls. Many what a fun time and what a wet time.

Here's my report from the cg along w/pix. Check in was a breeze and staff was very friendly. Nice parking while checking in.

The first site we were in was 360. It was not level and the water pressure was not very good. Entering the sites the roads were in bad shape. You could tell tree roots had grown into/under the asphalt making very large "natural speed bumps" which are not friendly to RVs. The sites were part paved/part gravel. There was not a level place to put the picnic table unless it was right up next to the MH. Not a user friendly place. We stayed here 4 nights.

Last two nights were spent in 330 which was terrific. Great view of the lake and of Stone Mountain. Very level and good water pressure. Concrete picnic table and good fire pit. The reason we had to move was I decided later to stay during the New Year and our spot was reserved and 330 was the only place left. They would not let the other people take 330 and us stay at 360 and as it turned out, it worked out better for us.

Cost was $38 per night for full hook-ups. I got the package which included 2 nights, 4 bundles of wood, smores pack for 4 and admission to the park on line for $110. I got two of those packages for four nights and then got two nights at $38 plus tax. Garbage pick up daily and the bath houses were very clean and well maintained. I would return to this park again.
Tried to show the RV Women flag but it was a little windy.
You can see Stone Mountain from the front window of Somewhere.

DS & DGD enjoying the smores. Of course I enjoyed them to but somebody had to take the pictures! LOL
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:39 pm

I really like that last site you were on with the view of the water. I hope to get back to the south some time in the future and GA will be one of the places I want to get to know better.

I'm glad the smores were a hit!
Cedar518

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations