Grizzly RV Park - West Yellowstone, WY

Grizzly RV Park - West Yellowstone, WY

Postby JudyJB » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:13 am

Normally, I really dislike commercial campgrounds and pretty much stick to state and national parks. However, few of the Yellowstone areas have cell phone access, and I need that to work. (Cell access is available only at Mammoth Hot Springs, Old Faithful, and Grant Village. Rest of park is pretty much no service, although they are going to start building a cell tower in Fishing Bridge next year. At Fishing Bridge, if you see a bear or need medical care, you have to walk a long way to the one pay phone at the entrance.)

So, I accidently found this place in West Yellowstone. Cost for a full-hookup back in site is exactly the same as Fishing Bridge--$54 with tax and Good Sam discount. The rest of the campgrounds in this town are pretty dismal, frankly--just dirt and gravel and resemble parking lots with hookups, and they charge about the same for nothing. This campground is pretty large and is beautifully landscaped with green grass and some trees. Roads are fairly new asphalt and sites are gravel with cement patios. It is very well taken care of and sites are level, or nearly level, and not horribly cramped. There are two or three laundry rooms with two washers and two dryers in each, and all are clean. I did not go in the restrooms. Two hours of free internet each day.

One of the best things, is that almost everywhere in town is walkable from here. Museum and Grizzly Discovery Center are about two long blocks away. Banks and the post office are across the street. Restaurants and shops are maybe 3 blocks away. There is a grocery store about 4 blocks away--not quite a supermarket but has the essentials, plus meat and a bakery. (Ice cream shops three blocks away also.) AND, they let you wash your rigs at your sites!!

Negatives are no fire rings or barbeque grills. (City does not allow open fires, hence no fire rings. Also no one around here offers barbecue grills because the fats that drip attract bears.) You can use a propane or charcoal grill but you have to keep it inside when not being used so as to not attract bears. No pool, if you care about that.
Last edited by JudyJB on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Grizzly RV Park - West Yellowstone, WY

Postby cpatinjones » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks so much for the review. It is appreciated that you take the time to post such an informative review.
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby psjh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:21 pm

I stayed at Grizzley RV Park in June and I fully agree with the great post. Also if you do not want to drive into the park a very reasonable tour company offers two or three different tours and will pick up at Grizzly.
psjh

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:01 pm

cpatinjones wrote:Thanks so much for the review. It is appreciated that you take the time to post such an informative review.

mitch5252

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:52 am

Figured I should add some photos. The first is my site, and the second looking down the road.

JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby linann » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:04 am

Thanks for the review. I would definitely stay here instead of inside the park if I was staying more than a few days. It's nice to be able to walk to services. The pictures were great and I like the grass.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations