Recommendations for Florida Park

Recommendations for Florida Park

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:36 pm

Am thinking of going to Florida in January - just to go on a trip where I'm not working. Thinking about the coastal portion in the "panhandle" just to keep the trip mileage down. Has anyone been to St. Andrews SP? Would really like to be right on the beach.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Recommendations for Florida Park

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:17 am

So glad you brought this up! I want to go to the panhandle area in November for a month. I was looking near the Pensacola to Panama City area. I'll goggle St Andrews SP, I don't know where that is?
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:44 am

St Andrews SP seems to have great beach access BUT only water and electric. Not sure if they even have a dump station. Was going to call and ask (850) 233-5140. Don't even know what the weather is like in January there.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby carold » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:31 pm

We've stayed at St. Joseph Peninsula SP near Port St. Joe and really liked it. I believe my sister has stayed at St. Andrews and liked it. carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:24 pm

If you want to boondock, just a little bit further is the birding area that Sparkle discovered (and I stayed there this past spring). You have to be ok for staying where you'll probably be the only person there, but it is wonderful. Called Hagens Cove and I think I could get you directions (I know Sparkle could). Great little place.

And if you do go to FL, you need to see if you can gtg with Zeee and Nan and LIz (if they are there - and anyone else who might be there during that time). The state park near Liz in Ocala is wonderful - I would go back there again. I think it's called Silver River State Park.

I liked the few FL state parks I stayed in - so would think the one you're looking at would be nice.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:02 am

Karen, Google "Destin FL Campgrounds & RV parks" .....the area there is wonderful and you'll love the beaches......we stayed at the Army Campground there 3 yrs. ago...it was on the bay side.....but we did go check out the commercial campgrounds......there are some really nice ones....also state parks there too.....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby bargirl » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:26 pm

I have never camped at St Andrews but have been to the park for outings
it is really nice.
PCB has really changed a lot in the last 3 years.
Camped at Mexico beach last month and that is really a nice area great beach ,white sand.
I stayed at Rustic ranch CG but there is cg right on the 98 EL Governor cg.
RR is a Passport America cg $11.00 per night.

Sherry
bargirl

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations