Any experience with Goosenecks State Park?

Any experience with Goosenecks State Park?

Postby Olive6001 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 pm

I've read just a bit. It's a state park near Mexican Hat, Utah. Anyone been there?

Thanks,
Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Re: Any experience with Goosenecks State Park?

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 am

Haven't been to that one, but the Utah state parks I have been to were all nice.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:43 am

Can't find Mexican Hat on map anywhere. Also couldn't find Gooseneck sp for New Mexico. What part of the state are you in?

Are you thinking of going to Quartzsite in Fall?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Olive6001 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:12 am

Karen, Goosenecks SP is in southern Utah, near Mexican Hat but the address is Blanding, UT.

http://stateparks.utah.gov/park/goosenecks-state-park

Quartzite in the fall? Huh? Just give me time to do a load of laundry once I get home from this jaunt. :lol: :lol:

I don't think so. I'll need at least a couple months before I leave again. Don't know when I'll be back in Texas, maybe two weeks, maybe two months. I am starting the slide east as soon as the thunderstorms move through this area. A couple days according to the weather app.
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:01 pm

It all sounds like "jello" plans to me......oh, it so much fun to pick the flavors! :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby sharon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:34 pm

It's pretty hot there and there is no shade and no HU's....96 today.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Olive6001 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:15 am

Right Sharon. I'm wondering if the views are worth a day or two of heat. By the time I get there it might be cooler
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby Olive6001 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:45 pm

Didn't go to Goosenecks, road in too steep with nowhere to turn around and it had been raining. Stayed at Sand Island for 6 days. Now I'm in Navajo National Monument. Even more stars than Sand Island. Sitting on the edge of a canyon looking into forever. North Rim of Grand Canyon is next and then back to Texas via Santa Fe. It's been amazing.
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 am

....so many places to see....so many miles...... :) (((((hugs))))) You are there girl.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Olive6001 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Hugs to you, too, Tina. Thanks for all the encouragement. Woke up this morning with a cold (might be allergies) and a bum hip (old war wound :lol:) so decided to skip GC and head for Santa Fe. I'm in Gallup tonight, at Wallmart. Tired, sore, sniffy, and very very happy. I'm truly ready to be heading back. I'll spend a while at Lake Abiquiu and then toddle on home. What an amazing adventure.
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:04 am

I think I know every pawn shop in Gallup. I used to hit them all looking for "dead pawn" jewelry. If you're taking I-40 out of Gallup be sure to stop and tour Acoma Sky City. Have you seen any of the older Navajo women in full velvet skirt and blouse dripping in turquoise in Walmart? Always amazed me that these ladies were safe walking around with thousands of turquoise jewelry on.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Olive6001 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 pm

retiredhappy wrote:I think I know every pawn shop in Gallup. I used to hit them all looking for "dead pawn" jewelry. If you're taking I-40 out of Gallup be sure to stop and tour Acoma Sky City. Have you seen any of the older Navajo women in full velvet skirt and blouse dripping in turquoise in Walmart? Always amazed me that these ladies were safe walking around with thousands of turquoise jewelry on.

Oops, read this too late. I'm in Edgewood, just outside Albuquerque. Did shopping there and will head to Santa Fe and Lake Abiquiu tomorrow. I'm looking forward to doing absolutely nothing for at least a week. I have enough food and books for an army. Olive has kibble and cookies and her ball. She's happy.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations