Kerrville TX

Kerrville TX

Postby Securit24 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Guadalupe River Rv Resort in Kerrville Tx? There are mixed reviews on Good Sams.
Renee & Sylinda
Traveling with our pups
Tiffin Phaeton 40Ah
Securit24

Re: Kerrville TX

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:59 pm

I have friends who like it there, others who don't. Karen, retired happy, hopefully will see this. She can really give you more info about it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:08 pm

I stayed in Kerrville a few years ago but darn if I can remember if that's where I stayed. I think I stayed at a PA park just down the road from Karen.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Yakn1 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Sharon - that IS the place you stayed at a couple of years ago!
I'm not lost, I'm on an adventure!
Yakn1

Postby sharon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks Vickie!! Glad someone is keeping me straight! LOL! So, yeah, I liked it there. Plenty of places to walk the pooch, was able to let the Samcat out and felt comfortable doing that. 2 complaints....the way they sent me down to the cg had low hanging trees, so check that out before you go down. There's another way down that doesn't have trees. Wifi worked good until a big rv moved in beside me and guess he was blocking the signal...or he was downloading a boatful of stuff. Other than that really liked it there. Of course I had people coming to get me and take me out so that helped, too! :lol:

May stay there again on my way east this summer....
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:25 am

Guadalupe RV park is big, has two pools and a LIVE band on weekends that runs till 11 or midnight and can be heard a mile away. You can't even hear your TV with all the windows closed and when the bar closes you have drunks driving around the park trying to find their way out.

The Passport American Park is called By The River and it is right on the river. Its a smaller park and quieter. Kerrville also has a very nice park Schreiner Park which used to be a state park. They have some FHU sites and is also right on the river. There are several newer parks 10 to 20 miles outside the city.

You will need to ask if your dogs will be welcome. Schreiner has some pretty strict rules regarding breeds as do many of the parks around here.

When are you going to be in Kerrville? PM me and we can have a mini GTG. There are a couple of really good Mexican restaurants here if you like Mexican food.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Securit24 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28 am

Thanks for replying... Sorry I'm just getting back. I didn't think anyone responded, I didn't get an email.

I stayed at Schreiner Park last year. It worked out just fine. The only annoying thing I had to deal with was a neighbors constantly loose small snippy (many) dogs approaching our site and approaching while on our walk. One of my dogs gets defensive on leash. I was getting pretty pissed.

Anyway, the park was nice and I enjoyed the off road bike and hike trails - some where very tough! It was great seeing everyone enjoying the park.

We go during Easter for the http://www.houstonbicycleclub.org/ehct2014/ Easter Hill Country Bike Tour. I wish I got up that way more. We get there Wednesday and stay until Sunday.

I decided this year to try the Guadalupe RV Park - Even though they seem very strict on their dog policy. I sent them my pound pups pictures and let them decide. They accepted my pups :D . I have friends that are renting an RV and will be staying also. I think this is a test run.

Thanks again for replying!!
Renee & Sylinda
Traveling with our pups
Tiffin Phaeton 40Ah
Securit24

Postby Deeann » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:08 pm

Loud music? The dread of any camper.....
Deeann

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations