Plastic-coated wire wall racks

Plastic-coated wire wall racks

Postby oregontocal » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:35 pm

Maybe most of you have seen/used these, but on one of my many trips to Wal-Mart (it's the biggest store in town here), I found a set of three small wall racks that just screw into the wall. The three are each a different configuration--one even has a towel bar on the bottom. I used that one for my bottles of herbs and spices that were getting lost in the cupboard, then hung my kitchen towel at the bottom. I installed another one near the microwave for the Costco wax paper squares that are great for covering food. The third one is on the wall behind my dinette and holds the Kleenex box and two remotes for the TV and CD player.

Well, I liked those so much I went back again for more today. Two in the bathroom for assorted things, getting them out from under the sink. The third one now holds envelopes and such on the small space above and to the right of the couch on the slide. And now I'm almost out of wall space.

Since my rig is so small, every little bit of saved space works. Oh, and I wish someone had told me how inexpensive CD players are now. The huge, heavy monster combo VCR and DVD player that was in the rig when I bought it finally gave up the other day. I tried a little to fix it, but not very hard since it took up almost half the shelf. On the way back from Wichita today, I stopped at Best Buy and found a brand new model Sony, very tiny--twelve inches wide by one inch high--weighs next to nothing. It will be perfect since I no longer have any VHS tapes. Grand total of $39.

Next on the wish list is a small flat screen TV that attaches to the wall. That would free up the large space now holding a regular size, heavy TV.
oregontocal

Re: Plastic-coated wire wall racks

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:06 am

Chris, I couldn't believe how much I loved it when I put a rack for my spices on a wall. And my next purchase is to replace my tv cabinet and get a flat screen and put it on an arm on the wall, also. However, I'll need someone to build a shelf to hold the vcr and dvd players - Tommy (Jill's significant other) has offered - if and when we get together this winter. First I need to buy the tv - and find the right arm to hold it - that's what I'm figuring I'll screw up :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues