Keep me signed in

Keep me signed in

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 am

Anyone else having a problem with this? I keep checking the box but it is ignoring me.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Re: Keep me signed in

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 am

It's working fine for me,... I never have to sign in,.... which is good,... the old forum I had to sign in every time, it would only remember the user name....
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am

Does your computer clear cookies when you turn it off? If so, the automatic sign in will not work for you. Otherwise, it should.

Oh, it could be a setting in your antivirus program or firewall, also. But the main thing to stay signed in is that you don't clear all your cookies.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:43 am

No, i don't think it's clearing cookies Beth, the other forum remembered me :? It might not be compatible with my anti virus though.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:52 am

Maybe you need to tell your antivirus it's okay - I've had to do that with some programs. Sometimes it happens automatically.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Yep, but I'm not sure how to do that exactly. Do you think it's ready for "the talk'' :D ?
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby asirimarco » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 am

Did you ever figure out how to remain logged in - I too keep checking the box but almost always have to sign in and sometimes have to re-sign in in the middle of doing things. Carol
asirimarco

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:10 pm

No Carol, I checked out everything I could think of, and it didn't fix the problem, I still have to log in each time. Do you have McAfee and a pop-up blocker as well?
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Excel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi everyone...I have McAfee software on my desktop & on my laptop. I have had a horrible time accessing this website & through PM's Beth has tried to help me. Finally, after I have tried EVERYTHING...even sending an e-mail to McAfee (which they haven't bothered to answer)...Beth told me to try accessing from a different computer...so I pulled out my laptop that I travel with, (but really didn't think it would make any difference) and lo & behold...no problems with accessing or posting or anything. So, obviously I have a conflicting 'something' on my desktop..... :? I have no idea how to fix it after going through all the stuff I've already tried...so, here I sit with my laptop connected & having no problems...that's a blessing in itself....Any opinions would be appreciated....btw...I've had computers in my business & personal life for over 25 years...so it's not like I'm computer illiterate....Just never had this problem before on any other website, with my desktop,,,,,really perplexing.. :x
Excel

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:55 pm

I just went through the whole thing on my computer after deleting my 'saved cookie folder'. I remember being told I only needed my username to login, but it sure the heck wanted a password! After a while it took me to a page not only to login, but to also type the numbers/letters I saw scrambled in the colored box. Not sure what that was going accomplish if I didn't know my password to begin with. I went in circles and finally Beth rode in on her white charger and gave me a temporary password to use. I used it, it let me in, I went to the control panel to change it to one of my own and saved the changes. I logged off and then couldn't get back in using the new password, nor the one Beth just gave me! I messed with it for 30 mins and all of a sudden, "I'm in"!! No more problems and I haven't a clue how it happened!! So far I'm staying logged in and if I ever have to login somewhere down the line, I'm going to be just as lost! :lol:
AlmostThere

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:11 am

Excel, using McAfee... I had to make sure that my fire wall was cleared.. put this site on my listing to allow access...also it hasn't been cleared by McAfee so I just also wrote a comment..that I didn't have any adds ..so maybe that should clear up for you... I did call their Customer Service Tech and got a few answers....but again I never had a problem on my main computer...don't know about my laptop as that's in Florida..but will find out when I get there in Oct...

Check your FireWall Status..giving authorization for this site..might be the culprit...and yes, do clear out the cookies..cause boy them crumbles add up...

Good thing you've got a laptop.. cause when all else fails.. you is safe there LOL

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues