darn it again, Bethers help

darn it again, Bethers help

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:31 pm

whats goin on here with the board, everytime I click reply it makes me log in again!
I've cleaned out cookies, I've clicked on "keep me logged in" and still it makes me
log in each time I did a reply to a post, its frustrating !! Dang it! ok, I'm done venting.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: darn it again, Bethers help

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Ava,
It sounds like it might be something in your computer - maybe your antivirus program? Or did you update anything or did your computer do any updates from before it started doing this to when it happened? And make sure before you click reply to a post - look to the upper right and see that it shows you logged in (should say Logout and then have your name in parentheses) - let me know if that appears correctly?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:41 am

I didn't do anything new to my computer and upper corner shows me logged in, it says log out and has my name, Will see what happens today, it was only yesterday evening
this was occuring and I do know AOL was doing something to their boards. For now
I'll take it as a fluke.
avalen

Postby asirimarco » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:37 am

it was doing the same thing to me yesterday - everytime I went to do something I had to re-log in. also on aol - have not done anything to computer - this a.m. all is well
asirimarco

Postby avalen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:54 pm

all is well here today as well, in fact it was still logged in from early this morning even
though I shut the computer down all day while I was at work today. I think it had
something to do with AOL.
avalen

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Ah, had I known you were using AOL, I would have listed them as a possible culprit. Glad it's working right for you today. Both of you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues