Maintenance Issues

Maintenance Issues

Postby Paulette » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Argh...not having a good day. After my recent trip to Florida and back, I decided it was time to take the coach in for an oil change and some other "repairs" that came about on the trip home. After bouncing relentlessly on I-95 all the way home, the dash air quit working and the back-up monitor came disconnected on one side of the dash and one side of the air bed totally deflated! So, I scheduled it for maintenance. I'm really glad to have found a place to work on my coach, too. It is "The Motorcoach Company" and it is really convenient to the house. The guys there are great and reasonable. Anyway, Robert fixed everything with the exception of the compressor on the dash AC. It is a Freightliner issue and has to be taken to Freightliner for warranty repair. The closest Freightliner facility is on the south side of Baltimore. That in itself is a pain in the arse. Of course, I can't go through the tunnel, so have to take I-695 around and then head back into Baltimore from the south side. Anyway, Robert scheduled it for this morning. So, I picked up the mh yesterday afternoon and brought it home and parked it so I would be ready to roll this morning. GD and I were going to take it down and then get a cab to the harbor and go to the Science Center or to the Aquarium while they made the repair. This morning I went out to start the coach and let it warm up before we headed out...and NO POWER. Nothing, nada. NO coach battery, no house battery, no Aux start...nothing! I was fit to be tied. I just put two new coach batteries on right before I took it in for it's oil change! Sooooo, I immediately called Freightliner to reschedule. Then I called Robert and asked him if he had any problems starting the mh while he had it. He came over to the house and spend about 2 hours trying to figure out why there was absolutely no power to the front of the mh. He finally figured it out and the ground from the coach batteries was not grounding. He found where it leads to and the bolts that need to be tightened and will be back either this afternoon or tomorrow to tighten the bolt and replace a breaker that he blew trying to get things started this morning. I think it was all the bouncing on I-95 headed north through NC and VA that might have knocked everything loose.

Like I said, I'm so very thankful for Robert and The Motorcoach Company. I was so upset and frustrated. It just seems like I have had one issue after the next with this MH. It is a very well built (I think) quality coach and I just can't understand the issues or is it just me and I'm doing things wrong. And being on my own without someone to help me take care of all of this...let's just say I was ready to throw in the towel.

But I have rescheduled Freightliner for Friday morning and let's hope I get it there and back without incident.

In the mean time, my cable at the house has gone berserk! I'm online with my air card. I called Comcast and they will send someone out on Thursday afternoon between 1 and 4. I sure wish Verizon would get to my area with their FIOS...I'd switch in a heartbeat! Comcast has a monopoly here in my area...other than dial up there are NO options.

Okay, I'm done venting (I think). Thanks for reading. I think I'm gonna head to the campfire and have a brew or 2!!!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Re: Maintenance Issues

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 pm

when it rains, it pours! sometimes we just need to vent a little and then we feel
better, but I'll bet you'll feel a whole lot better when the ac is fixed and the comcast.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Ouch, Paulette - that all stinks. I hope it all gets fixed for you quickly and correctly.

One couple here had their fridge go out the other day. Had the mobile repair people come in - found a bad fuse, changed it - left. A couple hours later, the fridge went out again, fuse was bad again. This time the couple replaced it themselves - and within a short time, fuse blew again. I told them to quit putting in new fuses and call the repair people again - cuz something ELSE had to be causing the problem, and therefore the fuse to blow. So, it's not just being a woman - the guy in this couple was as lost as any of us :) -- these rigs sometimes are just out to get us.

That said - another couple here got a recall notice on their Dometic fridge - so if you have that type of fridge, make sure you aren't on the recall list.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:31 am

Well, Robert, the mechanic, found the problem...chassis batteries not grounded...and fixed it (we hope). Didn't charge me for the house call either! So, this morning I am off on my adventure, driving to south Baltimore in a 34' MH...not leaving till rush hour is over! Not being able to tow my jeep means I'll sit and wait on it. I'm bringing my laptop along. Let's hope it is a quick fix!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:54 pm

I hope all is going well with the trip into Baltimore. Keep us posted and drive safe.
AlmostThere

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues