I just changed my generator oil !!!

I just changed my generator oil !!!

Postby doglady » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:40 pm

I just had to brag - never done anything like that before and it was actually pretty easy.

I am cheap - and when I saw what Camping World wanted for an oil change I just about choked - anyway - I did get oil all over one hand - but learned from this experience, so hopefully it will go better next time.
doglady

Re: I just changed my generator oil !!!

Postby Bethers » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:46 pm

Good for you. I've done mine - but usually find someone to do it for me. I never have anything to put the used oil in. Or a place to discard of it. But it is easy.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:01 pm

Good for you!!! I am WOMAN, I can do ANYTHING.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:33 am

Congratulations! So much of that kind of stuff is common sense, if you take the time to think it through. I'm learning that firsthand because of George's "problem"...

You done good!!

mitch5252

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:58 am

Good for you! Don't you just love that feeling when you accomplish something that seemed daunting!?
AlmostThere

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 pm

I felt that way also when I changed the oil on my portable genny and on the lawn mower. When we put our minds to it, we can do anything. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:22 am

CONGRATS, Doggy!

I love it when I discover I can do something for free that would cost a bundle if done by someone else, who might, or might not, be as able as I!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 am

Nasoosie wrote:CONGRATS, Doggy!

I love it when I discover I can do something for free that would cost a bundle if done by someone else, who might, or might not, be as able as I!

By the way, Soos, did you ever check out security systems?
mitch5252

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 pm

I love fixing things myself! I was just talking with my mom about that. We talked about fixing our own washers and dryers, etc. I replaced an AC cover on Myrtle after I got here this spring. I have a skylight to replace the cracked one up there, so will do that on a day that is not so muggy. I took out one of the bucket seats, after talking to the mfr tech on the phone. He said he would be happy to tell me how to do anything I need help with ;) I try to watch when people fix things for me so I can hopefully do it myself if there is a next time. A lot of repairs just take some common sense. You have me thinking of doing my own oil changes now ;) I used to change my car oil, air filter, and plugs. You just have to catch the oil in a foil pan or something and pour it into your oil containers and take to a disposal station (garage). If they're nice, they won't charge you. Just please don't dump in the grass or street! I also have a new bathroom faucet I want to install when I get up the courage. I've done it with house plumbing, but this is a bit different.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues