Skinny Avatar

Skinny Avatar

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:03 am

Okay, what did I do wrong. I got my avatar posted, set the size at 90px X 90px and I'm kinda tall and skinny (I wish). I did the hyper link - should I have set the size different or let it try and size. Everytime I think I know what I'm doing, I don't. On the other hand, tall and skinny isn't bad - is there a way I do this in real life?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Skinny Avatar

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 pm

What's the size of the original picture? I'm guessing it's not square, and by making this one square, you elongated yourself.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:18 pm

I'll try changing the size. Actually I'm getting to like me skinnier.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Hey, I want to push a button and end up tall and skinny! Show me which button to push! :lol:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Hey Me too.. I want to be tall and thin... instead I'm short and pleasantly plump.. so if I fall I bounce up quickly.... have to get picture done for my new dooooo...:)

God Bless..
Barbzeee and Crew...
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:54 pm

Avatar won't copy from Photobucket,... I keep getting message that the URL is "invalid".... but,... the same pic copied ok to my signature. I'd move it if I could,... but it won't insert as avatar so I can delete in sig. line. I thought it would be more compact and not take so much vertical space if it was on the side.

I'll keep fumbling... haha :roll:
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Are you putting in the size for it on the Avatar one? It made me do that - or wouldn't accept it - and make sure you're using the place for uploading from an outside source.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:24 pm

yupper to both..... have tried every way I think,.... will try again.
thanks
Cedar518

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Cedar, I did that too, but for the avitar you need to copy the "direct link" option under your pic, not the "IMG code". It is the second of those 4 choices. Hope this helps.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 pm

oooohhhh,..... that's IT!
thanks a bunch!
Cedar518

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:57 pm

OK, that was it for sure, but it made the pic too blury. will now have to work with a new pic,... but the mystery is solved,... i had to change a setting at Photobucket to get both the link and the IMG settings to show.
Cedar518

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues