Smoke Detectors

Smoke Detectors

Postby Excel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:51 pm

I've just returned from a trip to Oregon & cleaning the inside is in order. Decided after getting all that done that it was time to put new batteries in the Smoke Detector & the other monitor. However, the smoke detector is not working even with a new battery. Called the manufacturer & they no longer have the one I have installed in my coach. Has anyone changed out their smoke detectors to the newer ones? Any suggestions, directions, opinions, help ...after paying my gas bill for the trip....needless to say this is something I'm going to have to do myself...somehow... :(
Excel

Re: Smoke Detectors

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Excel, what is the brand and year of your smoke detector? I have never had to change one out, but perhaps someone else has, and that might be important information.

Don't go too long without one! Keep us posted.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:08 pm

My smoke detector isn't working any longer either - I just plan to buy one at walmart or similar and put it up. The one in here wasn't anything special for an rv. And I do figure I should have one in here.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Excel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:58 pm

It would have to be a '99, as that's the year my coach was built...don't know the brand (as I'm in the stick house), but gonna take it down & go to Home Depot & see if there's anything close to it in size....don't want to drill new holes into the ceiling if I don't have to & this one is fairly small...about 5-6" across....Anyhow, I'll let you know how this turns out. I really don't want to be without such an 'alert'... :o
Excel

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:11 pm

It's a good idea you will take it with you to match the holes. I hope something there is similar enough.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Excel » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Well...my daughter took my old one to Orchard Supply Hardware & got another one that was almost an identical match (especially recommended for RV's, etc.) for $6.00. It fits perfectly in the same spot as the other did in the ceiling & it took me all of 60 seconds to install it. I feel a lot better & the price was right!!! It's smaller than the ones I have in my house but again it fits perfectly. I know there are expensive ones on the market...but don't think they'd fit and what's the difference anyhow....I just want something to alert me to get gone... :o
Anyhow, this all worked out well for me... 8-)

Safe & happy travels to all of you...
Excel

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues