Guard your laptops

Guard your laptops

Postby Echo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Your laptops, you camcorder, your mp3 player, your digital camera, your phones in fact any electrical devices. Gads!!!!!
I don't know if anyone saw this or not? I caught it at the bottom of a Yahoo news posting. It wasn't a story all by itself. Just a filler story that they tack on to the ends of bigger stories.
But I checked out and it actually sent kind of a chill up my back.
It is really scary. Ya now have to have a passport to get back into the country of your birth. Yet illegals are still coming and they have sanctuary cities like SF where they are protected. They are randomly reading people's emails if you are emailing someone out of the country or a certain trigger word or phrase is in the email. And tapping your phones if they so desire it and they don't need a court order or search warrent. Heaven help you if something you do that is innocent but you might get turned in for. If that happens and DHS is called in? Why then they don't need any kind of warrant to come in with out your say so, search everything and take your computers and or all your paperwork, files.
And the scariest thing of all they have passed a law that if you are deemed in any way to be a problem, so called risk or threat to homeland security??? You can be locked up. With no recourse. No protection.
All I can think of is how the government said that we would not live in fear of terrorist. Maybe not, but they are helping to make the government the ones to fear.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2008080 ... BrgcEh2.cA
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Re: Guard your laptops

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:45 am

Echo, I agree with you. I'm not doing or saying anything that anyone in the world couldn't listen to BUT every oppressive government has started by monitoring its population in some way. The scary thing today is that with all our technology its so much easier for whoever to listen in or telephone, cell or emails. It also means that somewhere there is one person who can make the decision that you have said or done something that is "questionable". The other side of the coin is that the terrorists ARE using cell phones and computers to plan their attacks. What amount of loss of freedom from monitoring are we willing to put up with.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Guard your laptops

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Amen, Karen!
AlmostThere

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues