Generator questions

Re: Generator questions

Postby OutandAbout » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:15 pm

LENORA, when you want to exercise the generator, just take the RV out for a spin. Run the genny while driving down the road. Stop for lunch somewhere or better yet bring it and park in a nice place and have your lunch. This way, you use the RV, the genny gets its monthly use and you get a nice outing. The tires even get a rotation this way. :lol: You don't have to go camping to get fun use from the RV. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Great suggestion, Linda. And if you need to clean your water holding tank - or the black or grey tanks for that matter - driving around with the water or ice or cleaner, etc - is highly recommended - good time to do that also.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:40 pm

OutandAbout wrote:LENORA, when you want to exercise the generator, just take the RV out for a spin. Run the genny while driving down the road. Stop for lunch somewhere or better yet bring it and park in a nice place and have your lunch. This way, you use the RV, the genny gets its monthly use and you get a nice outing. The tires even get a rotation this way. :lol: You don't have to go camping to get fun use from the RV. Linda

I love that idea, Linda.
Great suggestion!

mitch5252

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:08 am

OutandAbout wrote: when you want to exercise the generator, just take the RV out for a spin. Run the genny while driving down the road.

That's a great answer for motor home owners. The rest of us still have to rely on other methods. I take my gen out on my deck to do the monthly task as I described above.
Cedar518

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:21 am

Great idea, Linda! And I have just the spot to take it to. There's a state park not 3 miles from my house and I have been thinking of taking it there just to get use to driving her.
AlmostThere

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks ladies. It also keeps the vehicle engine working as well. Having a TC I don't do this, just start the Honda genny and run the AC or furnace, load up the puppies (they love being in the TC) and watch a movie over lunch. Almost like going somewhere. Linda
OutandAbout

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues