adding a signature etc.

adding a signature etc.

Postby JanJer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm

I hope this is where I ask this question... I can't seem to find where to add a signature...and I see that some of the girls have their messenger icons on the right side of their post... how do I do that? I feel so....blonde :lol: hope someone can help this poor lil ole lady

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Re: adding a signature etc.

Postby Paulette » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:05 pm

Jan, thanks for asking as I was just trying to figure that out myself. :o

Take good notes and maybe you can show me how to do it!

Paulette
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Jan and Paulette - and others -

To add your signature (I have a signature and an avatar - my avatar appears to the right with my picture - signature you know what is :) -
Look at the top of the page here on the left, and go to "User Control Panel". From there click on the tab for "profile" and then you can add your different information there - first in the general profile - then you can click further to do the signature - and again the avatar.

Lots you can play with here.

If you have trouble - just holler. Oh, and also, some of this is in the FAQ's (look upper right right now) - but those are very basic - however can be helpful for somethings.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JanJer » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:46 am

Thanks Beth, I will play with it later after I wake up ;) Love the little smileys! Great job on the site, thank you for your hard, FAST, work :D

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby Paulette » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:43 pm

I figured it out. You have to select the direct link option in Photobucket. And then I had to adjust the pixels to 90 x 80 so I didn't have a pencil head! :lol:
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Just in case lol - you use the direct link in the avatar one - but you use the IMG in the signature one. Cuz I know people will confuse the two - (Not like I would ever do that.)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues