Geo Method

Geo Method

Postby dpf » Mon May 11, 2009 11:30 pm

Tomorrow we take the fiver to the dealer for the recall on the refrigerator and are going to have the air conditioner checked out too. The gauges on the gray and black water tanks have been showing readings that we know are incorrect. After a researching the subject on the Internet I decided to try the Geo method for cleaning the sensors and sludge in the tanks. After work I put in the concoction of Spring Rain water conditioner dissolved in water and Dawn dishwashing liquid in the gray and black tanks and added about 10 gallons of hot water...going to let that soak all night and then it will slosh around in the tank on the 55 mile drive we will be taking to Mitchell and also on the way home. Hopefully that will loosen the gunk in the tanks and clean the sensors. If this works the article also suggests adding 1 cup of the Spring Rain or Calgon dissolved in a gallon of hot water to the black and gray water tanks before every trip. The water conditioner is inexpensive and if it prevents a build up in the tanks and on the sensors, it's an easy enough fix, plus it's suppose to lubricate the valves. At least I know none of it is caustic and can harm the tanks.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Re: Geo Method

Postby Getupngo » Tue May 12, 2009 6:04 am

I've used the same mixture ... with cold water & ice cubes to knock the hard -- umm -- "stuff" off. :lol: Worked well for me. Wouldn't hurt to do one right after the other.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Bethers » Tue May 12, 2009 11:29 am

OH geez, I know lots swear by that method - but it's much easier and cheaper - to just put in a bag of ice (or even 3/4 fill the black tank with water) and drive down the road - an hour probably will do it - but a few will be better. I use ice about every few months after emptying the tank - and it has always done the trick. I also have used just water, and if it gets a time to work it - it works also. Nothing else needed.

My rv tech when I was in Texas said just water, but he approved the ice method also when I asked him - and he said not to bother doing anything more difficult - after 4 years on the road, I agree.

And, when stationery - the best thing to keep the sensors from getting anything caught on them - is using enough liquid. Since I like to boondock, I don't use much liquid then - so this works for me -
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby jemek » Tue May 12, 2009 9:07 pm

That was the tip I was given....some water and a bag of ice and drive down the road.

I know that when we hook up...I always dump about 3-4 gallons of water in there to start with. That is mostly due to the fact..that the kids don't usually flush and hold it so more water goes in.
Kris aka Kristy
Wife to Norm
Mom to 3 boys and 2 girls
Many critters
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail
DH has 2004 Dodge Durango
Not that I am great at keeping this updated...but I try..
http://smithseven.blogspot.com/
jemek

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues