sloooooow bathroom drain

sloooooow bathroom drain

Postby snowball » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:48 pm

any ideas of how to clear the drain in the bathroom sink??? water goes through it but takes it's sweet time... runs better after I've put a knitting needle down it feels like hair..... but I don't wash my hair in the sink nor do I generally brush my hair totally over the sink stand back a bit to brush it...
plumber I am not will probably wait until I get up north but would like to be able to suggest something... and if there is something I can do that might dissolve the issue would try that as well
sheila
snowball

Re: sloooooow bathroom drain

Postby monik7 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Sheila, I use Draino at home occasionally in my bathroom sink if it begins to drain slowly. You just pour it in, wait 15 or 20 minutes then rinse with warm water. Works every time. I don’t know if anything would be different for an RV drain.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:54 pm

Drano and the household drain cleaners aren't welcomed in RV's. I suggest you try baking soda and vinegar. Place 3-tablespoons of baking soda down the drain, followed by a cup of white vinegar. Let it sit for several hours or overnight, and then rinse it down with very hot water.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:26 pm

I have a long, narrow, jagged, yellow plastic thingy...called a zip something that fits down the kitchen and bathroom drain and pulls up all the hairy gunk. Maybe someone else knows what I’m talking about. I’ll try to look it up.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Liz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:29 pm

Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby snowball » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:58 pm

thanks Liz looked at it my problem is I rarely well to be honest never order on line need to get over that hesitancy
I will wait till I get north to do so
and Beth I wondered it that would work will try it
and I was able to get some of the hairy gunk out don't know where the hair comes from but it's there
thanks for the help
sheila
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:39 am

Sheila I got my zip thing in plumbing department of Home Depot or Lowes. Walmart might even have them. Look it up on amazon simply so you know the correct name and what it looks like.
If you try soda and vinegar, make that water hot straight from tea kettle!
MandysMom

Postby JudyJB » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:48 am

I have used boiling hot water in my drains and that worked.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:48 pm

thanks Velda will have to look
and thanks Judy will have to try hot hot water see what happens till I get that zip thing
sheila
snowball

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:08 pm

A good way to clean drains, pour baking soda down drain the vinegar. Let it bubble for a while and rinse with HOT WATER. I use little mesh drain strainers (walmart) and you'd be horrified at what was going down your drain in little bits that you didn't notice. Used them in my rig too and it kept the grey water from stinking.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues