storage bay locks?

storage bay locks?

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:49 am

I need to replace the locks on my pass thru doors. I removed the screw on one of them on the inside of the door, the washer and latch piece came off, but still couldn't remove the rest of it. It was still attached tight. Is there something else I need to do to loosen/remove it?

Now looking at the photo, do I need to use a wrench to loosen that narrow nut against the door?

Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: storage bay locks?

Postby JudyJB » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Yes and yes.

You can get replacements on Amazon by searching under RV Storage locks. I ordered one of the combination locks, but never got around to putting it on. They also have some other ones that are keyed differently.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:40 pm

I looked at the ones on Amazon but they come in different sizes so I need to remove the ones I have to know what size I need to order.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:35 pm

There are several videos on You Tube on replacing the lock. The guys that make these videos are pretty windy so I got tired of watching one before he did anything.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues