What tools do you carry?

Re: What tools do you carry?

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 am

oh, yes,.... I forgot to list the wine... thanks for reminding me Birdie! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 am

I carry 2 corkscrews, just in case one fails! :) (but more recently, discovered some very drinkable box wines - no tools required!!!)

I'm not sure if this is true for everyone towing a trailer, but my van lug wrench did not fit the trailer lugs. Had to get a special one to fit. (Like I'd even know how to use it if the time arises...sigh - I suppose I should learn, shouldn't I?)

Michelle
mitch5252

Postby Bethers » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Michelle, In 4 years of full-timing - I'm still learning as I go. Many of the things I would have forgotten by the time I needed to do them. And this year, for the first time, I paid to have the oil changed in my generator (bad me) but they were doing other things and I just said, go for it. It's an easy job - but I've never liked that one.

I only have one corkscrew, but I have a few different wine stoppers to keep it fresh longer after being opened.

Hey, Lori, how does that air remover one work that I bought you in Fredericksburg? Inquiring minds want to know.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby WickedLady » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:50 pm

When I make my wine I always put it in bottles with screw-top caps. Don't need no corkscrew.
WickedLady

Postby Getupngo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Now you ladies know why you should never store wine on its side? Rusts the cap!

Image (oh, she amuses herself!)

BTW, I also carry a 25-foot extension for my shore power. Mine's 50 amp ... but you can get them in any voltage. I also carry an extra length of culinary water hose and an extra length of sewer hose as well. I've had some looooooong stretches.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby soisew » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 pm

A large pry bar for that "who knows what could happen" occasion. We've had to use it several times for many different problems. Dikes or some type of wire cutters, crecent/adjustable wrenches, needle nose pliers, duck tape, vice grips, rope (poly or sisal) come in handy, rubber mallet, surgical clamps (use them all the time inside and out), a piece of multipurpose wire, extra screws for all those places where they come up missing, screwdriver with tips for all the types of screw heads you have, small set of allen wrenches if you have places that need that item, I consider a large pack of rubber bands a "tool" as well as clothes pins! Another thing to have onboard are a couple of extra water hose gaskets -- those durn things can fall out or get old just when you don't need them to.
soisew

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues