water hose

water hose

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:40 am

When I got to Ogden I first emptied up the melted ice water in the fridge then went out to hook up water... I'd gotten a new water hose so set it up came in and the rugs in front of the fridge was wet and thought hmmm must have spelt water but didn't remember doing so then realized it was getting wetter so went out and turned the water off. I don't know where the water came from... I was afraid that I had sent too much water through the hose although they didn't warn of high water pressure.. but in my mind knowing that at times the water hoses at been frozen up in Idaho thought perhaps they had a bit of ice in it and hence the water on the floor... then later after the big freeze we are talking down to single digits in places.. I noticed dripping coming from the under carriage and also that there was ice in the area in the bay that is a don't know what to call it but it's a catch all and the stuff in it was frozen; so again thought there must have been more water than I thought.
when I get to Q will take everything out of the basement so can get to the area that is hidden which is where stuff like the pump and I assume hoses are... the Question I have is this is when you use city water which is what I did the same hose as would come from the tank? because I was hooked up to water I didn't fill the tank so if it's a separate hose when I get to Q will fill the tank up and have water if not something else I will have to have fixed
appreciate any thoughts you may have
sheila
snowball

Re: water hose

Postby chalet05 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:04 am

Sheila, I am confused about what you mean by 'the hose from the tank'. First off a pressure regulator is always a good idea. Off the top of my head, pipes may have frozen and cracked so now leaking. I'm thinking I'll stop in Q on my way to wherever I'm going to see if I can be of help. :)
Anita
chalet05

Postby avalen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:12 pm

Quite possibly a cracked waterline from the freeze. Even with water in your tank you could still experience the leaking.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:52 pm

actually feel like if it's one thing it's another...
Anita hope to see you soon...
Ava are you going to bring your motor home out?? then come visit it often?
Kerry won't be out till some time in Dec... imagine back surgery Thanksgiving and a cruise keeping her from Q
Anita hard to explain as I don't know perhaps by the time you get there I will have removed stuff so that we can look
I hope it's not the tank leaking although all that has stopped
and I should have used the high pressure thing but didn't think of it
thanks
sheila
snowball

Postby MelissaD » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:59 am

https://www.rv-insight.com/images/plumbing-rv.gif

First there should be a drian line off you fridge that should stick out through the fridge grill outside. If this hose is more than 5 years old it may need to be replaced as the plastic breaks down, leaks behind the unit and you find it on floor.

Otherwise it sounds like you might have a water pipe leak. If there is no issue with the city water disconnected and the water pump off. BUT there is with city water or water pump on; it's a pipe leak. Finding it may prove difficult.

I 2nd a pressure regulator. The RV should be kept a 40# or less water pressure. Some CG's can be as high as 100#.

Melissa
MelissaD

Postby snowball » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:18 am

it took me a moment to realize what drain you are talking about yes it's gone!!! was going to get it replaced last year but time got away he has to pull out the fridge but since it has to be pulled out anyway to fix it or replace it... guess it will get fixed
right now I am going to use bottles till I can get stuff out and we can look and see what is going on...
sheila
snowball

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues