Coburg, OR, RV Resources - Along I-5

Coburg, OR, RV Resources - Along I-5

Postby JudyJB » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:56 am

I thought I ought to post about this little town, which borders Eugene. It is along I-5 and has just about anything one could want in terms of trailer and motorhome dealers and repairs. I have used several of the RV-related businesses along the industrial strip that borders the freeway. There is also a very nice county campground less than two miles away--Armitage. $30 for paved full-hookup sites that are nicely spread apart. There is a more expensive Premier RV Resort on the other side of the freeway, but I like Armitage much better, and it is seldom full, at least on weekdays, plus it has a laundromat with three washers and three dryers.

Here is a list of some of the RV and truck service places I have used in Coburg and others that are available:
- First, there is a Camping World with fairly good service. They replaced my water pump and fixed my toilet that was not set properly.
- There is also a REV Group factory service facility. REV Group is the company that owns Fleetwood, Monaco, American Coach, Lance trailers, and others. When a dealer could not handle my slide problems last year, I made an appointment with them, and they were extremely knowledgeable. They also have electric hookups and water and a dump station for overnight stays. You can stay for free overnight the night before and the night after, assuming there is room. If there is not room in the electric hookup area, there is a lot next door for dry camping you can also stay in. Only negative to this place is that you must have your RV unhooked and ready to go in for repairs at 7:30 am each morning. This, however, is better than their previous time of 5:50 am!! Some people stay there for weeks while waiting for parts, so it becomes a sort of party place.
- I have also used the Cummins factory service center, near Camping World for my generator problems. They also do other limited RV repair and offer a very few hookup parking spots. Today, they showed me where the breaker switch was located on my generator. (It is a black switch on a black panel, around the side of the unit, so almost impossible to see without a flashlight and knowing where to look for it.)
- Today, I discovered GCR tire service, in the cul-de-sac next to McDonald's. I thought I had a nail in my tire and they took my tire off the rim and thoroughly checked it out for no cost! They charged me only $16 to check the air pressure in all 6 of my tires. That is a huge bargain compared to Camping World's $65. No appointment, and they deal almost entirely with medium-duty and big trucks, which means they have jacks to actually lift my vehicle up, which is NOT true with every tire place. They also put my tire monitors on for no cost. Very nice people, and I will definitely buy tires from them next fall before I leave this area!!!

Repair places in the two industrial parks along the freeway that I have NOT needed to use are Marathon Coach, Frieghtliner, an RVGlass company, and a truck wash!! There is also an RV consignment place and a couple of RV dealers. The RVGlass company replaces front and side windows of Class A motorhomes.

The Shell gas station at the intersection of the industrial park area has the McDonald's and there is another restaurant right across the street. Shell also sells propane, which was my other stop today. (I got tires and generator checked, plus a propane fill within a quarter mile today!) And Coburg has a lot of antique shops just a couple of blocks away.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Coburg, OR, RV Resources - Along I-5

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:20 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:00 pm

I've never had a tire place charge me to check my tires and put air in. That's one test of whether I'd go back when time to purchase. I used a big tire place in Tucson to pitcher this winter because I stop there almost every winter to do this.

Good to know all the places there. And I hope Onan didn't charge to show you the switch! Onan serviced my generator in Q. Nothing wrong, just preferred having them do it rather than an rv place. And they have special pricing in Q and come out without a service fee. Several years ago at an rv show with my old rig, my generator (not an Onan ) was acting up and Onan sent one of their service guys to check it. He got it working and didn't charge me. I'm glad my current rig has an Onan.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:10 pm

No, the Cummins place did not charge me for showing me where the breaker is.

I have had a few tire places check my tires, but also had Camping World do it when I was there for other work, but they really did charge $65 several times.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:43 pm

really surprised me that you were charged for tire check at some places
Beth is Onan only a generator for motor homes? Need to look for a generator this summer
my friend was telling me that he got a new generator that runs off propane might need to look into it
sheila
snowball

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues