toilet

toilet

Postby snowball » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:40 pm

I can live without the oven but the toilet no way... there has been a few times this summer when it has been hard to flush but would last night was one of those then it opened and did so several times...While I was gone my son in law replaced the seal and while all the stuff was out I decided to mop the floor yep did that as well today and cleaned the toilet when I tried to flush it it wouldn't open at all so son in law came out with WD40 and tried got it to open but heard something snap...my question is is it fixable? what a thing to happen as I leave :evil:
sheila
snowball

Re: toilet

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:46 pm

Sheila, it could be as simple as replacing the foot pedal or even just the foot pedal valve. Otherwise or might just be time for a new toilet.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:12 am

Could be the pedal linkage broke. If you use a flashlight and look by the pedal (yep crawl on the floor), engage the pedal, you may be able to see the problem.
Anita
chalet05

Postby JudyJB » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Are you staying in the trailer right now? Can you pry the ball open a little at least for tonight?

Also, do you know if the toilet is one piece or two?

I also am guessing this has something to do with the flush handle. You might sit on your rear next to it and see if there are any screws on the handle you can remove. I fixed mine a few years ago, and it was hard to see the screws because they were on the back, but I used a small mirror and managed to take the plastic cover off the handle. Underneath, there was a metal rod inside the plastic. As the other said, it might be fairly easy to see what broke.

Or even better, call your son and get him to take the handle apart.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:33 pm

right now I am at my daughter's in Ogden cause of the toilet will go over to State trailer and talk with them
I am hoping it is the flush pedal although as corroded as the base of the toilet is if I could afford it would just replace it (he also replaced the toilet seat for me) in Q there is a place that has a porcelain toilet (which mine is) but the seal that needs to be replace every so often can be done without removing the toilet I am all for that but the cost was more than I want to spend right now although in my mind last year when I looked at it out of curiosity thought when the seal needs to be replaced again (I had one all ready to replace the old one) I just might get that make it easier ... not sure if they will have that type or not will look and see but truly am hoping it's just replacing the pedal thanks for your thoughts
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:49 am

Did you get your toilet fixed?

About two years ago, I got one of the newer Dometic toilets where you can change the seal by reaching inside. Another advantage is that you can use a toothbrush to get rid of lime scale around the seal. I also was able to scrape the remaining lime away with a small screwdriver because you can slide the seal around slightly. Lots easier than taking toilet apart, and now that I scraped the seal clean, it holds water again.

That alone saved me money and bother of having someone replace the seal. Getting too old to do myself because of the weird positions you have to get into. :x So it might be worth it to you get a new toilet with this kind of seal in spite of slightly extra cost.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby snowball » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 pm

I got a 310 I believe when I asked about that toilet my description wasn't good so she didn't know
about it they did have another model number but didn't see what the difference was would have thought
if it was that one she would have mentioned it..as that is the one that I would have liked to have had... but it isn't if I could have waited till I got to Q they have them there would have gotten it but one needs a toilet!!
so the toilet is all taken care of
thanks for all your thoughts
sheila
snowball

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues