Fresh water drain

Fresh water drain

Postby Othersharon » Tue May 22, 2018 6:31 pm

When I drain my fresh water tank it takes forever to empty. It just trickles out very slowly. Any ideas of what I can do to get is to drain faster? Or is this a thing with Gulf Streams? I have even elevated the front but that made no difference. Anything having to do with draining it turns into an all day job! And the fact that it’s located way behind the wheel makes it hard to get to so I don’t know if maybe it’s plugged up or something. No way to see it unless it’s on a rack and could be gotten to from underneath, as far as I can tell. Any ideas more then welcome.
Othersharon

Re: Fresh water drain

Postby Bethers » Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm

I find it easier and faster to simply turn on the water pump and then either open the water to the toilet or shower.... When to the toilet I watch it like a hawk, but is a good way to fill and dump and clean that tank. But I usually don't have much in the water tank when I drain it... Except when I'm cleaning it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MelissaD » Thu May 24, 2018 7:55 am

The FW tank drain lines always seem small but you should get a steady stream. If not you can try putting a thin wire or coat hanger wire up through the hose with the valve open. The valves are normally ball valves so it should slide right through the valve. Like a plumber "snakes" a line. I normally open mine and then go do something else as it takes awhile for 50 gallons to drain through a 1/8" hole.

Beth's way of pumping it into a sink or toilet would be faster as long as you have room in tank or are hooked up to the dump station.
MelissaD

Postby Othersharon » Sun May 27, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks, ladies. Appreciate your input. Kinda sounds like it’s the nature of the beast! You’d think they’d make the drain a bit larger! :roll:
Othersharon

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues