New Problem For Me

New Problem For Me

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:30 pm

On my last 2 trips I have gone to use the water pump and none of the 12 volt things would work. The panel that shows levels didn't work or any of the lights. This was while I was on the road and not hooked up to electric. Has anyone ever had this happen? In a couple of minutes, without me doing anything, it all starts working again. I am just wondering if the converter might be going out. It has to be original to the motorhome because I have never replaced it.

The shop where I usually bring my motorhome gave me an appointment for November 27. :( My son told me about an RV repair place he saw that is closer to us so I went by there to talk to them. They can look at it on December 27th. :shock: I'm thinking that every time I have a trip planned I should make an appointment for repairs so I don't have to wait so long. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Re: New Problem For Me

Postby elkriverrats » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Martha, sorry you are having problems. Did you check the battery connections? After my issues with the slide earlier this year I would check that first. One of my connections had come loose and it was a simple fix. I hope yours is simple as well!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Liz » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Do you have mobile RV repair people near you?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Kelly, I looked at the batteries and everything looks tight.

Liz, I had to use a mobil tech one time when I was camped in Breaux Bridge and I was not impressed with him. Since this is something that comes and goes they probably won't be able to find it. All I have planned is a Christmas campout in December. I have used the first place I called many times and have always been happy with them. I just can't believe how long it takes to get an appointment with these places. No one better break down in Lafayette.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby elkriverrats » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:37 am

Good luck Martha, maybe they can bump you up on the appt list. Let us know what they find out.
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby chalet05 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Martha, I did a Google and found quite a bit of info involving age and brand of converter, things to check for, using a voltmeter, etc. The simplest answer that came up was the battery cutoff switch relay. Apparently about a $20 part. Searched 'RV 12 volt working sporadically'. I didn't watch any of the 'how to' videos but they are there.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Thanks Anita, something to do with the battery cutoff switch makes sense. I'll bring that up when I bring it in.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues