HELP!!! Solar Not Charging

Re: HELP!!! Solar Not Charging

Postby chalet05 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Sandi, AutoZone won't have a problem putting batteries back in! I think most auto part stores will do that for you.

I understand your concern about knowing how to connect and disconnect. I got a lot of use out of YouTube last month when my truck batteries died at the rv park. I have always been afraid to mess with batteries knowing you have to disconnect and connect in a certain order. Not really a big deal once you figure it out. My brother on the phone helped, too. After not getting them to charge, I had to remove both from under the hood of the truck and then put the new ones in. Yes, they are heavy! Where are the helpful, strong guys when you need them?

The only thing I can say about the Voltmeter is did you try it elsewhere and did you have it on the right setting? That's another one of those things I have to research unless it's for an electrical outlet.

I know it's frustrating, but it will get fixed one way or another so hang in there!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks for the picture suggestion. Unfortunately the guy who helped me took them out and I couldn’t see around him. I should have asked him to slow down. Probably won’t make any difference though because he called and said the batteries are dead. I’ll pick them up tomorrow and he said he’d help me. So I still don’t know if there’s anything wrong with the solar part of this setup and whether it contributed to the batteries going dead or if they died on their own. I’m checking with Solar Bill’s to make sure they’ll have replacement AGM batteries and/or a similar solar panel in stock on the 15th. I really want to get this straightened out as soon as possible. I’m too much of a worrier and can’t let things go until all is right.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby WickedLady » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:59 pm

My problem was a loose connection on the solar panel.
WickedLady

Postby monik7 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:12 pm

WickedLady wrote:My problem was a loose connection on the solar panel.

I checked all the connections and they seemed tight. The batteries are OK according to a distributor who checked them over the weekend. I’ll go to his place Thursday and he says he’ll check around within the solar system and try to figure out what happened although he’s not in the solar business. He does have 50+ years’ experience with electrical and batteries. I still think Quartzsite is on the schedule for next week unless a miracle happens Thurs. :(
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues