Sofa and Dinette - Side by side or opposing?

Sofa and Dinette - Side by side or opposing?

Postby slam308 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:21 pm

I asked on another forum what the deal was with most floor plans having side by side sofa/dinette. It doesn't make sense to me as far as creating conversation space. Most answers involved something along the lines of "people that design RVs rarely live in them." A couple people also mentioned splitting living area from dining area.

So what's your opinion, which do you prefer and why? What flows better? Are there actually advantages or disadvantages to either setup?
slam308

Re: Sofa and Dinette - Side by side or opposing?

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:44 pm

I like my opposing sofa and dinette.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:25 pm

mine is on the same side but the thing we liked about this one was the couch faced the tv instead of the tv being the length of the trailer...my husband used to refer to those as bowling alleys so it feels more like we can converse
sheila

just was rereading ahhh mine is a table and chairs ....chairs move I've also been known to bring in
lawn chairs...one does what one needs too....also most sit outside depending upon the weather I think
sheila
Last edited by snowball on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowball

Postby slam308 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 pm

The only live TV I've watched since we moved three years ago are the Super Bowls and the Triple Crown races.

I can't picture trying to have a conversation with people in the dinette when the sofa is right next to it. Not that I'll have that many people except maybe once or twice a year, but...
slam308

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:14 pm

slam308 wrote:The only live TV I've watched since we moved three years ago are the Super Bowls and the Triple Crown races.

I can't picture trying to have a conversation with people in the dinette when the sofa is right next to it. Not that I'll have that many people except maybe once or twice a year, but...

I've discovered in my years that I've never had more than would fit lol... Since I'm small, it's not an issue. But it's quite different for those with larger rigs.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues