pump

pump

Postby snowball » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:25 pm

when I went to Utah then down to Vegas...I thought I turned the pump off when I got home it
was on (the light indicating it was on was lite) I don't know if I over looked it or if my gd who was
watering my plants turned it on or what doesn't matter what is is right??? so now I don't have
a pump I turned it on no sound what so ever...filled the empty tank no sound no water. I have lived
in the 5th wheel since 2007 and not replaced it....but now it seems like it needs to be however I don't know where to find it...so hoping you with 5th wheels can point me in the right direction...I believe that this is a 4 season as it has the underguard whatever it would be called...so it is hard to see where stuff is
like the fresh water tank no it's not under any table or couch....I also have never found the drain to drain it know it's there but where is a good question...also as I was telling a friend about it she said since you are hooked up to the house water the only problem you will have is with hot water...I said but I had it did dishes to day and didn't heat water on the stove didn't even think about it...so any ideas why I can get hot water from the hot water tank without the pump???
thanks
sheila
snowball

Re: pump

Postby MandysMom » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:36 am

I would go to a group like IRV2 and look for a section on trailers or 5th wheels and see if there is an owner group for your model and post year make and model of your trailer and ask if anyone can tell you where pump and drain are.,
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Liz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:23 am

snowball wrote:.so any ideas why I can get hot water from the hot water tank without the pump???
thanks
sheila

The water from your outside connection goes through the hot water tank and provides the pressure. You will be fine as long as you are connected to an external water source. But you will need a water pump for Quartzite!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:30 am

On my fifthwheel, my water pump is located in the storage bay under the bedroom, when I open that area I can see the fresh water tank and my pump is right there. On my motor home, also under the bed and access from outside storage door right next to fresh water tank. See if you have a similar door .
Also, check that little connection where you hook up the city water hose, maybe that little cone screen and valve has something to do with it, not that it would but I always look at every little possibility.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:54 pm

for sure I need to get it fixed or replaced by Q time... :lol:
I will have to look for that cone thing but the tank ect isn't in the basement it's a straight shot all the way through or would be if it didn't have stuff in it
I will have to look for a group from what I understand this model isn't being made anymore...
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Sheila , what year and model is your fifth wheel? I'll Google it and see if I can find where your pump is
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:02 am

Ava
it is a Keystone Challenger 2007
you would think that the manual would have the where abouts of stuff
but sure didn't find it
would appreciate your help
sheila
snowball

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues