rainx on the windshield of my vehicles, I'll do that but
what do y'all use for waxing? And I'm not talking about
my legs, lol. Maybe I'll just hire it out, but I'd rather
put that money in the gas tank.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: wash n wax???

Postby gingerK » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 am

I've used a good carwax on my mh, took several coats as the fiberglas finish on mine is shot in places. I'll have to go look in the garage for what I used, DH has a ton of stuff in there and usually just hands me whatever. I know Liz likes that Polyglow stuff and I'm intending to get that for mine this year too. Pretty sure she has someone come out and do hers. Mine's only a little mh, just 20 feet so I do it myself.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Birdie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Oh, my, Miss Alice, you just had to open that door! Okay here is the second round. My manual says to use something mild "like baby shampoo" so I use that when I am washing Suite Pea. However, before I or anyone else washes it, I do the bugs on the front. I wash with the baby shampoo and then I use Turtle "bug and tar remover". That can also be used on road tar as well as if you over fill the gas tank and get dribbles down the side.

Some folks told me a few years ago that dryer sheets were good for removing the bugs. So I ran out to my 3 month old RV and used the dryer sheets on the front for all those bugs, ugh. However, it scratched the fiberglass on my rig. Dummy that I am, it never occurred to me to try it some hidden spot! So, you know that best reading book you have been devouring, it may have a bit of info hidden and just waiting for you to pull it out again!

The wax is to protect the finish of your rig. I know you have seen some that used to be taupe and are now cream in color. Or bright blue and are now baby blue maybe. Many new cars come with a finish that doesn't require waxing. Some fiberglass gets treated different than paint.

Can't wait for your next door! This is so wonderful that you are getting all setup to go forward with the rest of your life! You have planned and waited a really long time. Now it is just one day at a time.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby avalen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 pm

:D
avalen

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:37 pm

My manual actually recommends Dawn dish soap for washing. I forget wag l what it said for washing, but my finish, in just 3 years, looks terrible and it's been waxed a lot. When I got the rig washed and waxed in Texas they did the best job... But they still weren't happy with some areas. I'd love to find someone who would use Liz's system out west.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Wash Wax All from Aero Cosmetics. I've posted about it in previous discussions a couple times. You could probably search for those posts. My rig is 5 years old and looks the same as when I took delivery when it was new. Includes UV protectant.
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby avalen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Ahhh yes Sandi, I couldn't remember what it was called, thank you, I'm
gonna google that
avalen

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues