New Gadget

New Gadget

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Had Chris, my RV guy, out today to do some preventative maintenance. Cleaned AC on roof. pulled anode rod from hot water heater and rinsed it out and there was my new gadget. He had this thing he'd made to rinse out the inside of the water heater. A long, small piece of copper piping attached to an on/off switch that hooks onto your hose and voila! You should have seen the gunk (lime) that came out of the heater. Talked him into making one for me and I bought it from him. Told him he could have a whole new business. Permanently ( I hope) fixed my water leak under the sink. Everytime I tightened the outside hose connection it was loosening the inside connection. Grrrrrh!!!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: New Gadget

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Karen, one of the ladies here made her own that I used - like you I got a ton of gunk out of my water heater. How much would your guy charge you to make another one? I might like that - and I will be seeing you next month. Let me know!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Beth, I'll ask him. I warned him that some of the sisters might want one. I'm guessing about $20.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 pm

If your guess is good - I'll be his second customer for one if he can get it to you before you leave. Tks.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:17 am

Beth, checked with Chris this morning and he says $20 is fine so I told him to make two. I'll pay him for you.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 am

Thank you - I'll pay you in Port Lavaca. What a deal.
Beth
Bethers

Postby islandmomma » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Gee, a new potential calling for you, Karen. You could be his marketer!! :)

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Jan, that sounds like WORK. You'd think someone would have made one before him.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Karen,
I didn't get a chance to ask the price - but there is one made and packaged for sale. Since I had mine ordered from your guy - I didn't want to get a price LOL - but yeppers, it's out there - and my rv tech here in Port A sells them off his truck. And highly recommends having them - and using them every 3-6 months (depending on where you are).

With that said, I have some other things from the partial seminar I attended the other day and am starting a thread on that now.
Beth
Bethers

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues