Propane won't work after water pump left on

Re: Propane won't work after water pump left on

Postby Azusateach » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:00 am

alaimie wrote:MAJOR CORRECTION!!! It was the water in the hot water heater that was spilling out into the propane ignition area. It may have triggered a safety valve to turn on. Not exactly sure but trying to locate a Sportsmobile manual online to see if it points me in the right direction. I did call Sportsmobile West in Fresno and they advised me to seek a local RV repair service to look into it. I was able to YELP a mobile RV service person locally but he wanted $165 per hour to check it out.

I'd appreciate it if anyone would share knowledge or recommendations for service in California. I'll be taking Hwy 5 for Joshua Tree in 2 weeks & can schedule for repair if the price is reasonable.

Thanks for feedback,

E

Since you live in the Bay Area, you might check out Harps RV Repair. They're over by Sacramento, but they're worth the drive. Joel & Rachel are the absolute best, and you'll never EVER be sold a bill of goods with them. Their phone number is (916) 434-9151. Tell them that Laura recommended them. :)
Azusateach

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:23 am

I too recommend Harps RV.....good suggestion Laura. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby MandysMom » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Laura are Harps mobile or in a shop?
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Azusateach » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:32 pm

MandysMom wrote:Laura are Harps mobile or in a shop?
Velda

They're in a shop. They've traveled to the RVW Convention, but they're limited in what they can do when they come.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby MandysMom » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:13 am

Thank you Laura, will look them up.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby alaimie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Again, thank you all for your feedback. I have booked with Harp's for Dec. 5th and I will be taking a tutorial course offered by Rachel so I can get to know more about my Class B Sprinter while my propane and water heater is being inspected and serviced by Joel.

E
alaimie

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:49 pm

alaimie wrote:Again, thank you all for your feedback. I have booked with Harp's for Dec. 5th and I will be taking a tutorial course offered by Rachel so I can get to know more about my Class B Sprinter while my propane and water heater is being inspected and serviced by Joel.

E

Excellent news!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:32 am

That's great news, keep us posted as to the out come
of all this. Never know when the issue can happen to
someone else and we will know more and be able to
make more suggestions.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Azusateach » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 am

alaimie wrote:Again, thank you all for your feedback. I have booked with Harp's for Dec. 5th and I will be taking a tutorial course offered by Rachel so I can get to know more about my Class B Sprinter while my propane and water heater is being inspected and serviced by Joel.

E

You're going to love, love, LOVE Rachel & Joel! Joel will give you the shirt off his back, and is the most knowledgeable guy I know in the RV repair business. And Rachel knows as much as Joel, but can explain it in language that we all understand. :) She's a no-nonsense gal, and will teach you things you never knew existed about your rig. She offered TWO 9-hour workshops at the RVW Convention -- a beginner and an advanced section -- and they were both packed out. That you're close enough to take one of her local classes is a real bonus.

I'm glad you're able to get in. You won't be disappointed.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby alaimie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:40 am

[/quote]
You're going to love, love, LOVE Rachel & Joel! Joel will give you the shirt off his back, and is the most knowledgeable guy I know in the RV repair business. And Rachel knows as much as Joel, but can explain it in language that we all understand. :) She's a no-nonsense gal, and will teach you things you never knew existed about your rig. She offered TWO 9-hour workshops at the RVW Convention -- a beginner and an advanced section -- and they were both packed out. That you're close enough to take one of her local classes is a real bonus.

I'm glad you're able to get in. You won't be disappointed.

Laura[/quote]

I took the Sprinter in today and I could not agree with you more about Rachel & Joel. Rachel walked me around the exterior/interior explaining how things worked. They found a few items needing correction by Joel. My problem with the propane & propane ignition worked after a drying off period. I had them service the rooftop A/C, water heater, replaced and upgraded a few other items. All in all a very positive experience and I highly recommend having them service your RV when needed if you're in the area.

I'm scheduled to return in January to have the following installed, a rooftop TV antenna, additional solar panel and an updated fantastic fan.

Thank you all for your help,

Etta
alaimie

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:53 am

Good to read positive posts regarding both your problems. Yay!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby alaimie » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:51 pm

Here's another update. The culprit causing the hot water to flow out of vent was a $16 pop off valve. I had gone to Kirk Creek to camp for 3 days. Showered on the 2nd day and was out of water the next. Apparently the hot water had flowed out of the vent where the propane ignitor is located. I was completely out of water after the shower. I was surprised thinking the problem had been fixed after Harp's had replaced a part on the first visit. I had Rachel at Harp's RV take another look when I went up for a few upgrades. Everything works fine now. I had no issues when we were down in Baja California a week ago.
alaimie

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues