Anybody use CoPilot RV app?

Anybody use CoPilot RV app?

Postby beazle » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:44 am

We have been disappointed with our Garmin RV device: battery lasts only 1-1/2 hours, won't charge efficiently in RV while moving, etc. Has anyone heard of or used an app for iPhone/iPad called CoPilot RV? $60, but looks promising. Wonder if we can use it across 2 phones & 2 iPads without buying multiples? They also make one for trucks so maybe Melissa has an opinion? (Crosses fingers). Interested to hear opinions from everyone who has an opinion.
Thanks for your help.
Eileen
beazle

Re: Anybody use CoPilot RV app?

Postby JudyJB » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:46 pm

I am surprised that your Garmin is not charging. My Good Sam/Rand McNally stays plugged in and keeps a charge. I would find out why that Garmin is not staying charged before I bought something else. After all, what RVer takes trips lasting only 1.5 hours????
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 pm

I use the map program on my phone, but I'm Android. That said, make sure you keep your phone plugged I if you do use it, as the program and GPS draw down the battery fast otherwise. I think that's what is happening with your Garmin. I'd make sure you have the right/good cables before replacing it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Birdie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:25 pm

I have a Rand McNally RV GPS that won't stay charged and won't take power driving down the road! I have a Garmin that has Trip Plans I love it. A 2689 unit. I also use my iPhone with Apple Maps with Bluetooth and plugged in all the time. Trying to figure out which is more accurate to use while breezing down the road.

Oops, on edit, I have not heard of CoPilot RV. But let us know what you think of it if you get it. Always looking for a cool tool.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues