hitches

hitches

Postby snowball » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:49 am

with the truck came a think they called it a BMX hitch a gooseneck type...it lays down and hides away very nice however
I kept my hitch not sure of the name but the typical one that most 5th wheels use...just need to replace the railings for it
they did stay with the truck...
so my options are to get
an adapter for the gooseneck ( don't know what the weight limitations are on it)
or railings for the hitch that I do know will handle the weight
note the previous owner was a rodeo guy so pulled a 4 horse trailer I think don't know how many horses though
one thought that was already given to me is that most 5th wheel owners go with the type that I have therefore
if needed more options of help
that said what are your feelings?
need to decide soon so that I can get it done as sometime in Oct I hope to be leaving
sheila
snowball

Re: hitches

Postby Birdie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:04 pm

Since I have no experience pulling or maintaining a 5er, my thoughts are along the lines of "what is normal for a 5er". I would go for what is normal simply because maintenance, I think, would be more reliable if the setup was "normal". Associated cost would also be standard. You could probably sell the gooseneck in the Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Montana area fairly easy, I would think. Hopefully, a knowledgeable owner will give you some experience based info.

Good luck Sheila. By the way are you still looking for a good but less expensive desktop computer? I ran across a small form factor that would require an external storage hard drive, but is greatly priced for a Lenovo. Let me know if you want the info. You would still need your monitor but the CPU would be new.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: hitches

Postby snowball » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:12 am

Birdie wrote:Since I have no experience pulling or maintaining a 5er, my thoughts are along the lines of "what is normal for a 5er". I would go for what is normal simply because maintenance, I think, would be more reliable if the setup was "normal". Associated cost would also be standard. You could probably sell the gooseneck in the Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Montana area fairly easy, I would think. Hopefully, a knowledgeable owner will give you some experience based info.

Good luck Sheila. By the way are you still looking for a good but less expensive desktop computer? I ran across a small form factor that would require an external storage hard drive, but is greatly priced for a Lenovo. Let me know if you want the info. You would still need your monitor but the CPU would be new.

birdie
I don't have a desk top have a lap top no place really to put it
but thanks for thinking of me
sheila
snowball

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues