bath room faucet

bath room faucet

Postby snowball » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 pm

didn't do something right!! and it didn't post
so here is the jest of what I thought I'd posted...for some reason water comes out of a space in the back of the faucet
so was hoping you would check your rv bathroom faucet and see if you have a hole sorta longish less than 1/4 of an inch guessing
but it's not round and it's intentional. not sure if something has popped off but water comes out of it...
so wondering if I need a new faucet or if the hose has slipped down from inside the faucet or what...took all the stuff from
under the sink so it can be worked on
hoping for some impute
sheila
snowball

Re: bath room faucet

Postby chalet05 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:46 pm

Sheila, could you post a photo? I just have the two waterlines that connect directly to the faucet.
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:13 pm

I too would need a photo because I can't visualize what you're describing.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:08 am

I can try but it's pretty tight there would need to do it day time as well and then there
is the posting a picture from phone to forum hmmm will need help on that :roll:
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm trying to help Sheila out by posting her pic of her faucet with the hole that's leaking water. I believe the hole is for the rod that comes up through the hole and can be pulled up or pushed down to open up or close the drain. My bathroom sink has the same hole and the rod for the pop-up drain comes up through the hole. She says it's the original faucet that came with the 5th wheel. The sink is plugged by manually putting a plug in. I think if it's original to her 5th wheel, it must have been plugged and somehow the plug has fallen out. I've looked online but haven't found a plug. Any ideas?

Sandi

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
monik7

Postby MandysMom » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:57 pm

I would agree that appears to be what you said. I'm wondering if there was an internal plug or something that sealed but not sure why it would leak because the rod does not normally control water, only controls stopper.we have had to fix the one on my bathroom sink more than once because the clip that holds rod to stopper came loose. However when it came loose it did not cause a leak it just wouldn't move the stopper. Just consulted with my Mr Fixit, Mel. He agrees with me. We think it's the internal connection of the water hose to the faucet. You need to unmount the faucet, which usually is a twist on fitting from underneath, and look at the connection. Could simply be a loose fitting. It sometimes requires two people because unless you have really long arms it's hard to hold faucet from twisting while tightening from below. I have a feeling this is an easy fix, just annoying due to having to be under sink and on top holding at same time. It's also a possibility the water line itself has developed a crack requiring some work to remove and replace either line or a piece if line using tools to make a new secure fitting depending on what is actually leaking.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 pm

thanks Sandi for posting the picture...it is the original faucet and have wondered if somehow the hose has slipped so that is a good
idea to check since my trailer wasn't winterized I'm very concerned about the water leaking and it seems to find places to do so...will have to replace
the kitchen faucet...it leaks but was something it did before...the bathroom didn't and something new..just a few days now...although it starts leaking
sooner than it was doing perhaps due to water in tank is low so the pump runs faster after the water is turned on ...something I need to do today is
fill the tank but going to town first see about a plug and then see if son in law can look at it
thanks
sheila
snowball

Postby chalet05 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:24 pm

I agree with Sandi and Velda. I thought that was probably for the rod but couldn't figure out why water would be coming from there. I'd be looking for a loose hose.
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:56 pm

I had to go out so stopped at Lowe's and looked at one on display. It clearly looks like it has to be the hose connection or maybe a failure in the hose itself near the connection. I really don't think a plug is going to any good if the leak is from the hose connection or hose itself.
Sandi

monik7

Postby Liz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:17 pm

It may also be just a loose connection that can be hand tightened underneath the sink. Or it could be time for a new faucet there too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby snowball » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:41 am

since I have everything out from under the sink I've felt around nothing feels loose so it puzzles me
it also puzzles me that there is no water under the sink ...one thing I did do was take off the aerator now it doesn't
come out the "hole" but can't get the angle right to reattach the aerator...it doesn't leak now though with it out but it also
doesn't go straight down so have to be careful that I don't get sprayed...one thing I neglected to mention is that
when I would turn on the water (before I took off the aerator) there was a pause for a bit before the water would sometime drizzle
out the hole other times shoot out and yes it was still coming out the faucet...
for right now it can be put on hold not leaking but am going to look at new faucets...and will have sil look at the connections carefully
thank you for your advice
aheila
and Sandi thank you so much for posting the photo and the texting we did
snowball

Postby MandysMom » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:01 am

If it is inside the faucet, you may not be able to see it or get your fingers on it without taking the faucet off. Before buying a faucet you really need to know what is leaking. Your new info leads Mel and I to believe it may be the cartridge in the faucet which is basically the guts of the faucet. Sometimes they can be rebuilt with new gaskets, sometimes not. Some faucets you can buy a new cartridge for. Otherwise maybe a new faucet but check all hoses leading to faucet and fittings that connect water to faucet. If my count is right I have been assistant plumber for at least 7 faucet rebuilds or replacements here. I'm good at holding stuff while Mel does the surgery! They didn't make his initials MD for nothing. LOL
Velda
PS I just looked at the photo again and I think the brass colored thing you see inside that hole is actually the back of the cartridge.
MandysMom

Postby snowball » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:56 am

I had my son in law put on a new faucet...the connections all look good
hopefully it will be so far now water tomorrow will put stuff away
sheila
snowball

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:54 pm

Haven't checked in for awhile, so just saw this. Took me a few minutes to remember why this seemed familiar to me. I remember that the last house I bought, before my RVing life, had a bathroom faucet that did this. It was a crack where the cold and hot water blended, or something like that. It wasn't repairable and I replaced the faucet, so think you did the right thing ;)
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues