have a leak

have a leak

Postby snowball » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:32 am

when I put water into the tank the other day I checked the normal
places to see if any leaks should up didn't see any today I got back from
Utah with some of my stuff clothes ect (when I moved out for the winter I took stuff that would
freeze might be food for mice put out lots of fabric sheets) my nephew told me he was going to take and put
it into a heated area so it would thaw and then he would winterize it.... I felt like that never happened
but what can one do it had frozen before I even had decided to move out ...where I find the leak at is
in an area that I've never had water...it's plumbed for a washer and dryer..today when I was putting clothes away
I found a wet dryer sheet wondered why didn't see a reason other than it was 90 degrees and I was dripping wet...so thought that
was it my hands were wet from wiping my face...tonight went up to put on my jammmies and thought the floor felt wet so went looking lots of wet
clothing carpet and the spigots are dripping aren't out far enough to catch drips it's 11:30 pm and no one but me up how in the world do I get the water to stop
turned off the pump but it still is dripping...have no clue where the drain is to let out all the water from the tank have looked and can't find it
realize no one will see this till the am but hopefully will have advice...too late to put towels down
sheila
snowball

Re: have a leak

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:17 am

You are right no one saw this till this morning. All I can think of is the opening the "low point" drain if you know where it is. And a call to a mobile RV Repair tech this morning. Not fun no matter how you look at it......and then there are the repair costs. Let us know the damage.... :shock:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby snowball » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:05 am

problem is here there is no rv tecks and can't afford to pay the two hundred it will cost to have them
come from the closest town that does...and no I can't find that but will be looking harder this morning
thanks
sheila
snowball

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:15 pm

I am not sure what is exactly leaking from reading your post. However, just thought I would mention connections. Last year, the connection to the water tank for the hot water heater started to leak in my Trailer. I drained everything and then thought about connections. Once I went thru them, found the loose one so I just tightened up the connection and this solved the problem.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:29 pm

Are any of your nephews good at fixing plumbing. I wouldn't think you would have to have just an rv tech. Plumbing is plumbing. My son is good that fixing things like that but we are a long way from you. It would be inconvenient but turn your water off coming into the trailer and just use water bottles until you can get it fixed.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby MelissaD » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:03 pm

The washer connection was probably capped off and the cap is now leaking. I'd start by looking at the washer connections probably in the back of the cabinet. Then I'd look for rear damage where the hose passes through the floor. It's probably a leaky connection and that means time to follow the line till you find the leak.

Good Luck

Melissa
MelissaD

Postby chalet05 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Been awhile since I have seen a washer hookup, but since they are so close to the wall, could you attach a hose and run it into a container to catch the water?
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:12 pm

where the water was coming out was the faucets that the washer would be hooked up to turned off the pump so it's stopped dripping
going to have my grandson take the panel off and see if we can see where stuff goes perhaps get better faucets these are cheap plastic ones
I got a wet/dry and vacuumed up what would come think the stuff that was on the floor soaked up the worst of it and lots went out side but the adjacent
cabinets didn't have any sign of dampness nor did the basement or at least where I could see but the ground under the front of the 5th wheel was wet
still haven't located the valve or what ever it might be called need someone to literally crawl under and look I think the undercarriage is so bowed that I'm
wondering if it's 'hidden' from that...thank you your your ideas...oh yes have a fan blowing on the wet area so hoping it won't weaken the floor
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:19 pm

snowball wrote:where the water was coming out was the faucets that the washer would be hooked up to turned off the pump so it's stopped dripping
going to have my grandson take the panel off and see if we can see where stuff goes perhaps get better faucets these are cheap plastic ones
I got a wet/dry and vacuumed up what would come think the stuff that was on the floor soaked up the worst of it and lots went out side but the adjacent
cabinets didn't have any sign of dampness nor did the basement or at least where I could see but the ground under the front of the 5th wheel was wet
still haven't located the valve or what ever it might be called need someone to literally crawl under and look I think the undercarriage is so bowed that I'm
wondering if it's 'hidden' from that...thank you your your ideas...oh yes have a fan blowing on the wet area so hoping it won't weaken the floor
when I'm here it's so far to the faucet and the faucet at the house leaks so just fill up my tank and use the pump

sheila
snowball

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues