Coach Net vs. Good Sam Roadside

Re: Coach Net vs. Good Sam Roadside

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:46 pm

monik7 wrote:Sheila, I'm confused. I thought the roadside service included towing. I don't understand why they were quoting a price.
Sandi

free towing for a short few miles from my understanding this was what was charged after that amount
if that is wrong I got took big time
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:52 pm

might be a bit late but perhaps I need to check with them about the towing fee...not sure how far away it was
and for the life of me the name of the town it was towed to comes and goes in my mind
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:49 pm

AAA, while claiming they are nationwide, are not. They have pockets they don't cover.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby WickedLady » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Seems to me it states something about towing you to the "nearest" repair facility but I might be wrong about that.
WickedLady

Postby Azusateach » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 pm

snowball wrote:
monik7 wrote:Sheila, I'm confused. I thought the roadside service included towing. I don't understand why they were quoting a price.
Sandi

free towing for a short few miles from my understanding this was what was charged after that amount
if that is wrong I got took big time
sheila

Sheila, you might want to check your policy. In order for your car/rig/trailer to be towed more than 10-ish miles you need to have a "rider", which costs more (not a whole lot more). And even then it has limits -- 100 miles. We were barely over the 100 mile limit, and they could have charged us about $100, but they didn't. We were only charged $25, and we tipped they guy another $50 because of the incredible service he provided for us.

Any way we looked at it, we got a great deal, and the additional money we spend on the RV rider paid for itself in that one tow.

Marda, AAA didn't require that we be towed to the nearest facility because of the RV rider we have. And because our trailer was okay, they towed it to our storage lot. We drove our car home & took it into the dealership the next day.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:20 am

I also ended up with CoachNet and was happy with them. Good Sam drove me nuts with all the junk mail they sent me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby elkriverrats » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:16 am

We just renewed our Coach Net, I think this will be our fourth year. We have the highest coverage (I think it is Platinum) because we need it to cover our autos and boat trailer. Have used the service several times and have never been charged for what we needed. We had our old camper towed once, our car towed once, our boat trailer had a tire come loose so that went on a rollback, and I locked myself out of my work truck (embarrassing but they didn't bat an eye). The only time they would not cover us was when our car had to be towed from one repair shop to another for specialized work so we got a friend and his dolly to help us out instead as it was all local. The service we have had from them has been timely and helpful.
I got rid of AAA because once my son was added as a third driver the cost just got too high. Our CN covers all drivers and all vehicles for one fee. If that changes, I will look into GS but I also hear complaints over their junk mailings.
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Bethers » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:18 am

As to the GS junk mailings, it only took one call to find out what to do to be removed from mailing lists and I have not received a single mailing from them in all the years since.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:29 am

Bethers wrote:As to the GS junk mailings, it only took one call to find out what to do to be removed from mailing lists and I have not received a single mailing from them in all the years since.

Same for me.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:06 am

Good Sam has my email so I get emails instead of junk mail. Those are easy to delete. Twenty something years ago when I got my first motorhome I got the lifetime membership. Not the road service but the membership to the club. About the only thing that has ever paid off. Most private campgrounds will give you the GS discount.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby monik7 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:08 am

Bethers wrote:As to the GS junk mailings, it only took one call to find out what to do to be removed from mailing lists and I have not received a single mailing from them in all the years since.

I've never received mailings from GS. I decided to renew with GS. Coach Net is just too expensive.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby WickedLady » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:21 pm

If you go into your Good Sam account you will find Email Preferences where you can choose which ones you want to receive. To stop junk mail call 1-866-205-7451
WickedLady

Postby Liz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:46 pm

I allowed the Emails for awhile until I started getting them every day. It is easy to unsubscribe from them too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues