Portable Power Station.... suggestions?

Portable Power Station.... suggestions?

Postby YodaRules » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:04 am

Am looking for the perfect RVing portable power station for me. Found a Schumacher Electric 6 in 1 unit which has 1200 peak Amps for jump starting vehicles in emergencies with a 2 AC plugs, two 12V DC power outlets and USB port and built in light. This unit weighs 25 pounds and I would like to find something a little less in weight.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-El ... r/25955544

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Patsy
My Blog: http://looking4yoda.blogspot.com
Relaxing, Rock Hunting, Prospecting, Star Gazing, Fishing and looking for UFOs along the way!!

YodaRules

Re: Portable Power Station.... suggestions?

Postby WickedLady » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:54 pm

I can't help with that but I have a Schumacher maintenance charger that I have used for many winters to keep my battery in good condition in my shed. They must make a good product.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:10 pm

What are you looking for this type of product to do for you?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby YodaRules » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:36 am

Bethers wrote:What are you looking for this type of product to do for you?

On last camping trip one of my tires lost pressure and needed about 10 pounds of pressure. Someone camping close by had a portable unit and easily inflated my tire to correct pressure. Thought this was very handy.... throw in jumper cables in case one of my vehicles needed a jump (or someone else). Like the idea of a USB port for charging and plug access for running small fan when without power. Feel a little better about camping without power with a unit like this in case power is needed for an hour or so.
Patsy
Relaxing, Rock Hunting, Prospecting, Star Gazing, Fishing and looking for UFOs along the way!!

YodaRules

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Ok, so this would be also a mini generator for you. In that case, it sounds like a good deal. The weight will be because of the battery. If you found a lower weight, you'd not be getting the same battery power. One thing to be aware of, is not draining the battery. And I'd suggest always making sure it's stored with a full charge and that you charge it whenever you can after using it. It looks like it would do what you want.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:51 am

I don't know why I missed this earlier! Your mechanic can make a charging cord that will allow you to charge through the 12v outlet in your vehicle -- only while driving, of course. I never knew such a thing was possible until Tony (an old van camper himself) offered to make one for me. Amazing how much I don't know! :lol:
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby chalet05 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am

Patsy, I had never seen anything like this probably because I had no need. When my little portable compressor broke, I had to find something that would fill the air bags on the SS trailer with the 1700 pound SS loaded. I wasn't having much luck finding anything - in fact, I have one that should have worked sitting here ready to go back to WalMart. Liz and I went shopping and guess what I ended up with!! It works great and I'm sure I'll find other uses for it!
Anita
chalet05

Postby YodaRules » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:10 pm

chalet05 wrote: Liz and I went shopping and guess what I ended up with!! It works great and I'm sure I'll find other uses for it!

Am correct in assuming your purchased the Schumacher Electric 6 in 1 unit? I've decided this is the unit I want to buy. Putting together a 2-3 month Spring RV adventure and this will come in handy keeping tire pressure correct in RV and bike. Plus allow me to dry camp a couple days and have access to charge cell phone & laptop.
Patsy

YodaRules

Postby chalet05 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:04 am

No, I bought a Stanley.
Anita
chalet05

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues