Yay, I Did It!

Yay, I Did It!

Postby monik7 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:55 pm

When I went last week to visit Beth in Groveland, my kitchen faucet developed a leak. I had a horrible time trying to find anyone who had a replacement in stock AND appointments available that weren't two months in the future. I drove this morning to Davis, CA to La Mesa RV (80 miles one way) to buy the faucet. The plan was to go to Camping World this Sat. (55 miles in the other direction one way) to have it installed. When I looked at the new one I decidecd it didn't look too hard to install. The problem was that the space below the sink was only about big enought to get half of my head in. But, I decided to try it. Got the leaky one out and the new one in. Tested for leaks and everything was OK. See, we can do a lot that we think we can't. I had installed a new kitchen faucet in my home last year, so I guess that gave me a little confidence to try this. That small space was something else though!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: Yay, I Did It!

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:36 pm

Wooohooooo, you go, Sandi! Great job. And I'm glad it's fixed. Water is so essential to life and so dang dangerous, too, when it's where it's not supposed to be!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Azusateach » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Good for you! :)

A little FYI ... Hopefully you'll never have to replace it again, but if you do, you can probably get a faucet from Home Depot or Lowe's, and it would work just fine. And it might last longer, too.
Azusateach

Postby monik7 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Azusateach wrote:Good for you! :)

A little FYI ... Hopefully you'll never have to replace it again, but if you do, you can probably get a faucet from Home Depot or Lowe's, and it would work just fine. And it might last longer, too.

That's true, but the design of the faucet is unique. Any other style would most likely require major modifications to the counter. Right now the sink as a hinged glass cover. When the cover is opened, the faucet spout can be lifted up. When the cover is down, it helps to provide quite a lot of countertop space (about 6 feet) and I wouldn't want to decrease any of that space. i doubt a place other than an RV dealer would have the same one or something similar.

So here's what it looks like:

Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Good for you, Sandi. Now you can give faucet installation lessons, and I can give how to replace the seals on a toilet lessons! :lol:
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby judi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Fantastic! Good job! We are capable of a lot more than we give ourselves credit for.
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby Azusateach » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:32 pm

monik7 wrote:
Azusateach wrote:Good for you! :)

That's true, but the design of the faucet is unique. Any other style would most likely require major modifications to the counter. Right now the sink as a hinged glass cover. When the cover is opened, the faucet spout can be lifted up. When the cover is down, it helps to provide quite a lot of countertop space (about 6 feet) and I wouldn't want to decrease any of that space. i doubt a place other than an RV dealer would have the same one or something similar.

So here's what it looks like:

Ahhh ... one of those fancy-schmancy types! ;)

Then even more good for you for tackling it!

You go, girl! :)
Azusateach

Postby avalen » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Great job!! :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Isn't it a great feeling to do it yourself?! Good for you!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:46 am

great going Sandi
sheila
snowball

Postby gingerK » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 am

Good job, Sandi! And I really like the look of that faucet, too. Neat that it folds down so you have more counter space. Did I mention I need a new faucet in the kitchen in Angel? ;) (hint, hint!)
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby MelissaD » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:02 am

MelissaD

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:31 am

GREAT job! Good for you.
Isn't cool when we surprise ourselves!?
mitch5252

Postby WickedLady » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:07 pm

You rock girl! :D
WickedLady

Postby snowball » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:37 pm

gingerK wrote:Good job, Sandi! And I really like the look of that faucet, too. Neat that it folds down so you have more counter space. Did I mention I need a new faucet in the kitchen in Angel? ;) (hint, hint!)

Me too!!!
sheila
snowball

Next

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues