Wet/dry bath

Wet/dry bath

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:19 am

OK, what is the difference between a wet or dry bath? Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Re: Wet/dry bath

Postby chalet05 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:43 am

Lyn, wet bath is one that is all fiberglass and everything gets wet when you shower. Dry bath has an actual shower.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Birdie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:03 am

Lyn, another way to look at it is: your shower is in the bathroom, that bathroom will have the toilet, maybe a lavatory, and the whole bathroom is the shower and that is therefore a 'wet bath'. A dry bath means that the shower is able to be the only thing that gets wet when you shower.

Some rigs have the dry shower within the bathroom and others have the standalone shower. My class C and my class A both have the standalone shower placed opposite the bathroom. Many rigs also have an outside shower but that is only the shower head with hot/cold. No curtains out there. Great for washing pets or extra dirty people.

Then there are some class B's that have a drain whole in the middle of the rig and you pull shower curtains around you. Many of the Roadtrek and Pleasure Way are that way.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby MelissaD » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:08 am

chalet05 wrote:Lyn, wet bath is one that is all fiberglass and everything gets wet when you shower. Dry bath has an actual shower.

Pretty much what Anita said. In a wet bath, the bathroom is the shower stall. In a dry bath, the shower stall is separate. In small campers/boats the wet bath allows maximum use of space. Allows for more elbow room in a small shower. If you can sit on the "throne" while taking your shower, its a wet bath.

Dry bath in what's in a house. With the GB I could use a wet bath in the house ;)
Wet bath: note the shield for the toilet paper and drain in floor.
MelissaD

Postby MandysMom » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Or as we like to say in our leisure Travel van ( wet bath), we can go potty, brush our teeth, and wash our hair and body all at the same time. In dry bath you have to do each task separately, therefore, wet bath is more time efficient! LOL
Velda
MandysMom

Postby MelissaD » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:07 pm

MandysMom wrote:we can go potty, brush our teeth, and wash our hair and body all at the same time.

Don't you get shampoo in your mouth :lol:
MelissaD

Postby TarheelBornGal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:20 pm

We had a wet bath in our sailboat, and I really hated it. Hair would get all over the bathroom when taking a shower. My husband is very hairy (body hair) and I shed a lot from my head, so it was a royal pain to clean the bathroom after every shower, wiping the entire bath for hair. Normally, we just took showers in the marina bath house or even in the cockpit when weather permitted, but the few times we had to take showers in that tiny wet bath, it was not great. Dry baths only for me, which rules out the smaller Class B motorhomes....
Emily
Still RV dreamin'...
TarheelBornGal

Postby MandysMom » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:08 am

Melissa, I said I " can" , not that I actually did! Ha Ha but it is possible! I showered in it ( and all the rest at seperate times) every day while at the hospital with Mel both in 2013 and this past September! It works. Would I rather have a dry bath? yep I would, but my LT is paid in full and gets at least 22 mpg diesel, sometimes as high as 28 mpg, that goes a long way to convincing me to love the wet bath! :lol:
Velda
MandysMom

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:17 am

Lyn - Are you thinking of getting another travel vehicle?
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:02 am

NO, NO, NO Sarah!!! However, my daughter wants to get something for traveling after she sells her home and moves to San Diego. I have been doing research for her. She has a truck that is in good condition so is considering a TT. I have been reading the pros and cons of TT. I realized after reading the ads that I did not know the difference between wet and dry baths. Hence my question. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 am

SoCalGalcas wrote:NO, NO, NO Sarah!!! However, my daughter wants to get something for traveling after she sells her home and moves to San Diego. I have been doing research for her. She has a truck that is in good condition so is considering a TT. I have been reading the pros and cons of TT. I realized after reading the ads that I did not know the difference between wet and dry baths. Hence my question. lyn

Btw I forgot to tell you that the Phoenix Cruiser my friend had for sale is sold.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Lyn: Check your PM for an answer to the question you asked me.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues