Beacon RV Wash

Beacon RV Wash

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:11 am

Sorry to post a new topic, but I searched General & Maintenance threads & didn't find what I wanted...

I know some of you have used the Beacon RV Wash places. There is one right off of the route I'll take home when I pick up Colt from winterizing and warranty work. If I remember correctly, someone (JudyJB maybe?), mentioned how the check-in / wash process works, but I can't remember the specifics.

Do you go in & pay and then get in line? Or visa versa? Are they usually located in the back (this one is in a Pilot)?

Kind of skittish about going back by truckers all by my lonesome.

Thanks ladies!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Beacon RV Wash

Postby gingerK » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:25 am

Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:36 pm

You get in line. When you get to the front of the line, you'll pay, etc.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:27 pm

They are always very nice to me. And yes, they are usually located in the back, so you may have to drive past a lot full of trucks to find the entrance, but it is always marked. Just line up with the truckers and work your way to the front, which can take a few minutes depending on how busy they are.

When they are ready for you, they will direct you in and ask if you just want a regular wash or other treatments, like Rain-Ex. Since you are pulling a trailer, they may ask if you want just the trailer washed or the pickup truck also.

When you are all the way in, they will tell you to shut your vehicle off and come into the office. Go in and pay with cash or credit. After you pay, you will stand around trying not to get wet, which usually means outside. Then they will tell you when you can get back in and drive off. Piece of cake!!

It really is a very good experience, and although you may be lined up with a bunch of trucks, they are very used to RVs.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby judi » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:01 pm

I've gone to more than a few Beacons with my RV and I've always been pleased. It's simple! And they do a good job. I always ask them to be careful with their high-powered pressure hoses around the vents on my RV, and there has never been a problem. I'm not so afraid of the truckers, either. Actually, since driving an RV I have new respect for them. Sure there are bad apples out there, but after working in a jail, I know the baddies are everywhere. OK, maybe not everywhere - like not in your yoga class!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:58 am

Thanks ladies! Now if the warranty work would only get done so I can pick up Colt ...
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues